- Los Gatos, California
- Employee Technology
Be part of bringing entertainment joy to 125+ million members all over the world. Netflix is on the hunt for a smart, motivated, and customer service centric individual to take on the role of Netflix Nerd, within the Core Support team who will provide exceptional technology support to Netflix’s corporate and production employee base. This position will be based out of our Los Gatos office. Nerds play a critical role inside the company providing amazing technical support to our employees around the world, with a focus on increasing and enabling productivity.
As a Netflix Nerd on the Core Support team, you will be part of a team responsible for providing world class 24/7 remote support, resolving and dispatching every technology issue that comes your way. You are an expert in all our internal and production office technologies and must ensure Netflix employees stay highly productive in the most secure environment possible.
These requests can come in via tickets, email, chat, video hangouts, phone calls, and automated alerts. This position will involve a multitude of operational tasks such as supporting cloud applications, remote troubleshooting, password resets, access requests, provisioning/deprovisioning accounts, dispatching, along with training on applications and security practices, and documentation. Daily duties can consist of prioritizing, resolving, routing, and scheduling all incoming internal technology support requests. You will partner with cross functional technology and operational teams to ensure requests are being routed and resolved with great customer satisfaction. The Netflix Nerd must also set expectations with the ticket requester, and ensure all ticket information is logged correctly.
- A minimum of 2 years of IT or Desktop Support/System Administration
- Experience working on a 1st Tier technical support team or in a call center environment
- Strong fundamental knowledge in networking protocols and troubleshooting
- Familiarity with distributed computing environment concepts; local and network based user and group accounts and permissions
- Knowledge of best practices around data security
- Experience supporting Cloud and SaaS Applications and SSO, including Google Apps for the Enterprise (Gmail, Calendaring, Drive, Sites, Groups and Google+)
- Google G-Suite administration a plus
- In-depth knowledge of and the ability to perform remote troubleshooting on Mac OS, Chrome OS, Windows, Linux, and various applications including Office
- Mobile device support including iPhone and Android
- Experience with supporting people remotely
- Proven ability to work independently with minimal supervision; must be a self-motivated self-starter who can initiate ideas and take ownership of work
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly and with minimal guidance
- Thrives on technical challenges and takes pride in solving them
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Capable of following and composing process and procedure documentation and training users in complex topics
- Patience and a desire to provide world class customer service
- Ability to understand the needs of our employees and make great judgement calls