Manager - Creative Technologies, EMEA
- Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Post Production
Netflix is the leading provider of streaming video, a lot of it original content: features, shorts, series, documentaries, comedy specials and unscripted content.
The Creative Technologies & Infrastructure team sets technical requirements and best practices for our Original content. We collaborate with the cinema & broadcast industries on the creation of new standards, consult on our studio’s technical infrastructure, and explore advanced developments in professional and consumer technology. We are subject matter experts who offer varied yet overlapping backgrounds in motion picture production, post-production and distribution - image science, editorial, color correction, image capture, encoding, compression, storage, video, audio... Everyday, we collaborate with colleagues in our production, post-production, distribution, marketing, facilities and development teams.
As Netflix creates more and more programming around the world leveraging new video and audio production technology, we are scaling to continue to foster industry-wide change.
You are an expert in the technology employed in motion picture production, from capture to distribution. You understand current workflows, techniques and tools, and how they’ve developed as technical solutions and creative demands have evolved. You have worked with creatives, production managers, engineers, developers, operators and manufacturers. You keep abreast of developing standards, industry trends and new technologies that are changing or will change how we produce programming. You have ideas and opinions about how to ensure high quality, flexibility and longevity of our content.
As part of the Creative Technologies & Infrastructure group, you will:
- Provide insight into the challenges and opportunities for evolving local production communities’ practices, ensuring our efforts are aligned with the objectives of the studio and the needs of creatives in Continental Europe.
- Devise and execute strategies to achieve our production goals, improve efficiency and foster the evolution of industry practices.
- Represent the Netflix Creative Technologies group at industry functions, conferences, committee meetings, panels, integrations etc.
- Execute programs to educate various local internal and external teams on Netflix Originals technical specifications and production best practices.
- Act as a technical liaison with European production solutions manufacturers and vendors and foster their relationships with Netflix.
- Identify opportunities presented by new production equipment and their features.
- Foster the adoption of new formats, practices, frameworks and technology.
- Manage technical research projects.
- Work cross-functionally with various teams inside Netflix in the capacity of technical advisor.
- 8+ years of media & entertainment technology experience.
- Knowledge and participation in industry standards and the bodies that ratify them.
- Deep knowledge of imaging and sound technologies, from capture to finish.
- Deep Knowledge of and relationships with technology solutions, equipment and service vendors in European entertainment/production space.
- Robust engagement and relationships with the European production, post-production and technology community.
- Knowledge of A/V distribution formats and consumer technology.
- The communication skills to clearly articulate and document technical concepts and explain how they impact the creative process.
- Comfort with regular travel to production and post production sites.
- A passion for the moving image and sound.
- Compulsive curiosity.
- Fluent speaker in one or several of the following, in addition to English: French, Spanish, Italian, German.