Senior Front End Engineer, External Data Systems
- Los Gatos, California
- Data Engineering and Infrastructure
Netflix is in the business of creating customer joy and we are revolutionizing entertainment along the way. We stream shows and movies non-stop to millions of our members in over 190 countries worldwide. It is now more critical than ever, for Netflix to focus on ensuring we are data-driven in all our decision-making as we scale up our processes and systems.
Marketing in particular, with a budget of $2B for 2018, is a key driver of our global subscriber growth and is increasingly being used to improve the amount of viewing of various titles via creative techniques such as city and country level experiments, use of Social channels to generate interest in our titles and harnessing what our customers are saying about our shows to help improve them further.
The Marketing Data Engineering and Infrastructure team is powering this data-driven transformation and is responsible for identifying, ingesting and integrating disparate data from internal and external sources. This data is used as features in ML models and for powering a variety of analytical dashboards to allow our partners to take decisions quickly and confidently.
We’re looking for a passionate front end software engineer to help us build systems that allow internal users to easily configure what we listen for when consuming external data from systems such as Twitter. These systems run 24x7 and provide Netflix with critical information about our brand, shows, movies, and talent. In this role, you will be working with internal partners to understand use cases for new features and tools, resolves issues being reported with these internal tools and unblock partners so timely and critical decisions are not impacted. In addition, it is essential for us to make these systems as self-serve as possible so that we can scale to a large number of teams internally which can use the data being collected.
Who are you:
- You are a well-rounded engineer with strong communication skills and love working with your engineering and business partners
- You have had exposure to RESTful backend web services
- You have worked with relational databases and have used SQL for querying data backends
- You are passionate about engineering quality, testing, automation, and documentation of your code and systems to ensure easy maintenance over a long period
- You can relate to many of the aspects of the Netflix Culture and love to operate independently while collaborating and giving/receiving strong, candid feedback to your team members.
Come join us and help build the systems by which Netflix listens to what the world is saying!