AV Engineer, Events
- Los Angeles, California
- Employee Technology
Netflix provides joy to over 125 million streaming members in over 190 countries. With the amazing opportunity we have ahead, it’s a great time to join Netflix. Our Employee Technology team has the mission of optimizing the productivity of Netflix employees by supporting their technology needs, whether that’s fixing a computer/network, troubleshooting a conference room’s camera or supporting a live Corporate event. As we grow, so does the number of high-profile events we host and meeting spaces we support, so we’re looking for an experienced AV/events technician to join our Los Angeles team.
You’ll work closely with stakeholders across the company to identify and address technology needs for live events. You’ll partner closely with our AV Engineers to provide input into the design of event and meeting spaces, both existing and to-be-built. For live events, you’ll manage setup, support, and teardown of AV equipment and other technology, as well as coordinating with external vendors as needed.
When you aren’t supporting a live event, you’ll be responsible for making sure our conference and event spaces meet our high standards at all times. You’ll assist with cable management, hardware upgrades, configuration and software updates in all meeting spaces. You’ll be empowered to look for ways to optimize the conference room experience for users and partner teams. This position requires flexible hours as events may take place after normal business hours or on the weekend.
- Provide start-to-finish AV support for live events hosted by Netflix, both internal and external.
- Partner with events, facilities, networking, and AV engineering teams to provide guidance and technical expertise during event planning stages as needed
- Partner with our AV Engineers to improve system design of conference rooms, permanent event spaces, and screening rooms. Evaluate and adopt latest technologies to improve AV quality and usability.
- Troubleshoot and correct global issues in the live event spaces and other meeting room spaces as required
- Organize training sessions and documentation on system usage for team members and end users
- 3 + years experience operating and supporting live events (corporate, hospitality, or other major event venues)
- 3 + years experience configuring and troubleshooting audio and video equipment for live events or in a corporate environment
- 2 + years experience partnering with external AV vendors for live events.
- Experience with live streaming technologies for YouTube, Facebook Live and other online distribution methods
- Experience with video conferencing systems and cloud bridging services such as Chromebox For Meetings, Vidyo and BlueJeans -Working knowledge of H.323, SIP and VOIP protocols
- Experience working with Crestron equipment, audio DSP’s and Dante microphone systems
- Experience working with Mac OS, Windows, GSuite for Business
- Background in corporate conference room technology, VC, screening room equipment, projection rooms
- Experience with AV integration on the integrator and/or corporate side, with a focus on physical installation