Senior Software Engineer - Collaboration Tools
- Los Gatos, California
- Infrastructure and Tooling
Netflix is the world's leading streaming video service, and our growth is accelerating. Our service is available in over 130 countries and continues to delight over 100 million customers. Our global expansion is powered by amazing engineers who build and deploy services to our cloud hundreds of times a day.
The suite of Netflix Collaboration Tools is supported by a team within the Engineering Tools & Services organization. For Collaboration Tools, we are looking for an experienced, efficient Senior Software Engineer to help improve developer tools, such as version control, code search, issue tracking, documentation, build artifact storage, and chat automation into the cloud. These functions are critical to enabling streamlined collaboration between engineers and teams at Netflix. You will need to solve customer tooling needs by blending developing custom solutions and operating off-the-shelf products.
Where Netflix is today, we see other companies going in the future. Help us build additional tooling, including dashboards and alerting, to address the gaps in operationalizing the cloud.
What we are looking for:
- You’re a lifelong learner. The Collaboration Tools team strives to create and support tools and systems that enable our engineers to develop and publish software in a reliable and repeatable way that is high-performance, resilient, and efficiently gathers real time data.
- You have a passion for building automation as well as products. While you will write a fair amount of code, a lot of your work will also involve operationalizing and integrating systems to get continuous delivery pipeline humming.
- You are flexible about languages and platforms, but have production experience with JVM-based languages. The Collaboration Tools team and our partner teams bring in tools that help them to be effective. Our teams vary in their choice of language. You adapt easily.
- You strive to focus your energies on unique problems rather than those that you have already solved. The formalization of our tooling is driven by your passion to remove mundane tasks and answer repetitive questions, as well as to serve our customer community well. You don’t just “do” -- you strive to understand the “why”.
- You desire a fast-paced, dynamic environment. This is a high-growth environment where priorities shift fast. For more context on our culture, check out out this doc: https://jobs.netflix.com/culture.
- BS or MS in Computer Science, or comparable experience
- Expertise in system architecture and fluency in Java, Python or other object-oriented programming languages
- System administration proficiency, including Linux shell scripting
Share this listing:
Share this listing: