Product Manager - Search Innovation
- Los Gatos, California
- Product Management
Working as a product manager at Netflix is the embodiment of our freedom and responsibility culture. You will exercise an incredible degree of autonomy and influence to deliver amazing experiences to over 130 million members around the world. You will direct stunning interdisciplinary teams on groundbreaking projects that advance user experience design, machine learning, recommendation systems, and more.
The Algorithms Product Management team is a diverse and unique group of leaders drawing on a variety of backgrounds to connect cutting edge machine learning to great member experiences and business value. They lead algorithm-centered innovation projects but also partner across the company to enable new user interfaces and experiences. The Algorithms PMs influence, educate, and advocate on tactical product decisions as well as the strategic directions to enable the next slate of great product innovations.
This role will focus on Netflix Search. Unlike some other applications where search is merely an information retrieval utility, Search at Netflix is a pillar of the content discovery experience. Our members need a search experience that guides them to great content, enables serendipitous discoveries, and helps them to spend less time browsing and more time enjoying their next favorite show. You will manage every aspect of the search experience from result ranking to organization and presentation across all of our platforms. Important challenges include:
- Developing cutting edge query understanding and ranking algorithms for search results
- Creating effective organization and navigation models for search results pages
- Providing relevant and compelling evidence to inform member choices
- Be a passionate advocate for great member experience, especially in search
- Be an articulate and persuasive communicator, as both a writer and a speaker, who uses data to support your arguments.
- Map business value to tractable search metrics and machine learning objectives to support a variety of diverse applications.
- Provide guidance and insights to non-technical audiences and hold your own with world-class experts on machine learning and data science.
What we’re looking for:
- Post graduate education (MS or PhD) in an applied quantitative field such as : Machine Learning, Statistics, Operations research, Information theory, Control theory, Econometrics etc
- 4+ years experience using mathematical modeling and machine learning to solve business problems, especially recommendation systems
- 3+ years of product management experience, ideally with a consumer technology product
- Record of strong product vision and execution
- Organizational leadership and influence without relying on hierarchy
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills: great memos and presentations are extremely important
- Deep understanding statistical hypothesis testing and A/B methods
A couple of things worth knowing:
- Though this is a senior role, you won’t have any direct reports. Instead you will have the freedom to focus on significant business impact while orchestrating the work of impressive teams.
- Our culture is a bit unique, and we tend to live by our values, so it’s worth learning more about Netflix at www.netflix.com/Jobs.
Share this listing:
Share this listing: