Product Manager - Post Production
- Los Angeles, California
- Content Engineering
Netflix is the world's leading internet entertainment service with 125 million memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
For 2018, we’re planning to spend $8 billion on films, TV shows, and other exciting content, much of which will be branded Netflix Originals. As we venture to become the world’s greatest movie studio, we must successfully develop tools for a studio with global production and reach which will keep us nimble and effective. To that end, our Content Engineering organization is a quickly expanding, critical part of the business.
We are looking for a Senior Product Manager to innovate and optimize our growing our suite of applications for content creation and management with a focus on collaboration and media review. Leaning on a proven track record in product management with large-scale enterprises and/or Consumer space, we expect this leader to drive our efforts to integrate 3rd party solutions and streamline a robust suite of bespoke apps that manage the company's content creation, collaboration and review workflows.
In this role you will:
- Be highly aligned with our content creation teams to lead the development of more efficient and effective tools and workflow
- Apply your experience to provide strategic vision for a unified approach to iterative content creation across the landscape of tools for Post Production, VFX and Animation.
- Expand your knowledge beyond content creation pipelines and establish strong relationships with cross-functional partners by collaborating across product, design, and engineering teams to help scale a quickly growing studio operation.
- Ultimately make studio app users’ lives simpler thanks to system solutions, allowing them to focus on the most meaningful tasks that will make Netflix the world’s best studio.
- The organization is flat, process is minimal, individual responsibility is big, and you are empowered to prioritize and make decisions to drive impact for the business.
Here is what we are looking for:
- A strong, independent contributor who is comfortable navigating ambiguity and working in uncharted territory and also has curiosity to learn a complex business area.
- 7+ years of experience as a product manager working across a mix of consumer, enterprise, and internal tools with a media or content creation focus.
- Technical fluency, including an ability to clearly describe tradeoffs with users and engineers about certain decisions.
- A master of organization and prioritization who has the ability to triage multiple initiatives and focus our efforts on tackling the right problems first.
- A history of leveraging both automation and operations teams to scale execution.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including an affinity for comprehensive business and product documentation.
- Demonstrable enthusiasm and energy for delivering successful, impactful products.