Senior Software Engineer - Real Time Data Infrastructure
- Los Gatos, California
- Infrastructure and Tooling
Netflix is the leading provider of streaming video, reaching over 100+ million subscribers globally. Our subscribers account for about 37% of the downstream Internet traffic in North America. Subscribers enjoy Netflix on more than 1,000 different device types. Supporting this global brand presents significant engineering challenges.
We are a data-driven company, handling trillions of events per day to answer many application and business related questions. At the center of providing scalable solutions to these challenges is the Netflix Real Time Data Infrastructure team. This team is responsible for building Messaging as a Service and Stream Processing as a Service to collect, transport, aggregate, process and visualize various events. All engineering teams at Netflix use the platform and build application and insights on it.
We are looking for an experienced, talented, and motivated Senior Software Engineer to join the Real Time Data Infrastructure team. You will be an integral component of our product and infrastructure development teams . Our product teams test new features at blistering pace - think weeks vs. months or years.
- Design and develop Messaging as a Service and Stream Processing as a Service that will be used by Netflix engineers from across the company.
- Build a large scale distributed, scalable, self service platform that can seamlessly scale to handle trillions of events per day.
- Innovate and partner with Product and Data teams which allows partners to focus on building business critical applications and insights with the platform.
- Innovate and collaborate with partners to help them build business critical applications and insights on the real time data infrastructure.
- Curate or build reusable blocks to analyze events. Build abstractions and developer tooling that allow engineers to quickly build streaming applications in a self service manner.
- Work on, and contribute to open source software, and have industry impact.
- You have years of experience building high performance distributed system solving large scale engineering challenges
- You have expertise in Java, Scala, or other JVM-based languages
- You have worked on and/or have deep understand messaging/queuing systems or stream processing systems.
- You are a good communicator, self-driven and work with and through partner teams.
- Your experience working with Flink, Samza, Spark Streaming, Storm is a plus.
- Your experience building a self service platform with appropriate developer tooling and abstractions is a plus.
- Have a BS/MS or PhD in Computer Science or equivalent
Share this listing:
Share this listing: