Copyright and Content Protection Coordinator
- Los Angeles, California
Netflix is the world's leading internet entertainment service with 125 million memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. We have a growing number of Originals launching each month that need to be protected from piracy.
The growing Global Copyright & Content Protection Group is looking to expand its team with the addition of a coordinator. He or she will be tasked with supporting the Netflix Global Copyright & Content Protection Group in its internal tactical take down efforts.
Summary of the Role
The ideal candidate will have carried out a similar role at another company and can hit the ground running. He or she should have experience of anti-piracy initiatives and be very well versed in managing an effective notice and take down program and experience of working with YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, Google, Bing, VK, Daily Motion and other well known platforms.
The role reports to the Global Head of the Copyright & Content Protection Group, based in Los Angeles.
- Management of the take down process through the DMCA notice sending practice and other analogous legal routes to disrupt the availability of online pirate content
- Day to day scanning of Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Periscope, Google Search, Bing, VK, DailyMotion and platforms used for piracy
- Management of ContentID in YouTube and Rights Manager in Facebook and manually address circumvention techniques used on those platforms
- Gather data on availability of content on these platforms and produce reporting on changes to the problem
- Liaise with our vendors on manual takedown requests on linking sites and hosting sites and gathering data on pirate streaming sites, cyberlockers and usenet platforms
- Working with peers at the Alliance for Creativity and Entertainment and our content partners
- Monitoring piracy trends in the take down and demand data
- Working with Netflix teams on the management of our internal piracy takedown and data tools
- Experience of using industry fingerprint technologies and tools to protect content
- Evaluate new technological solutions to tackle piracy online