Coordinator, Physical Production - LATAM
- Los Angeles, California
We are seeking a Physical Production Coordinator to support the SpLatAm Physical Production team based out of Los Angeles, CA. This position would organize vital production information and workflows with an increasing slate of International Original Shows from pre-production through archive & wrap using internal tools, as well as working closely with both freelance crews and our cross-functional teams within Netflix, focusing on our Spanish-language series.
Fueled by the broad appeal of being able to instantly enjoy unlimited movies and TV shows, Netflix is the world’s leading Internet television network with over 130 million members in over 190 countries. With this international expansion and a growing slate of International Original productions, it's a great time to join Netflix.
A successful candidate will be passionate, self-motivated, proactive, quick-thinking, flexible, able to pivot when necessary and prioritize, thorough and able to juggle multiple and diverse responsibilities with a strong emphasis on organization and an unwavering attention to detail at all times. This is a demanding and fast moving position that requires someone who is a proactive and positive thinker, and able to exercise good judgment and communication. The role will be focused on supporting shows that are produced (primarily) throughout Mexico, Colombia, and Argentina with local talent and producers.
- Coordinate the initial training process for production companies and freelance producers to the Netflix ecosystem, tools and resources.
- Set up, schedule and coordinate initial and ongoing production meetings for self managed and partner managed productions.
- Serve as primary production contact through pre-production, production and wrap for Production Coordinators and production office staff.
- Track and manage writing/development and production schedules along with overall SPAIN & LATAM slate, keeping stakeholders apprised of status.
- Assist with identification and curation of experienced, high quality production staff and crew on self-managed shows.
- Research potential filming locations and studios across Spain & Latin America.
- Maintain, update, champion the use of our internal systems to track and manage show asset & paperwork delivery to Netflix with external and internal partners.
- Interact with the Studio Technology and Production Operations teams to master internal tools and workflows. This includes (but is not limited to):
- Update physical production “best practices” and refine production guidelines, training others to use them and understand our workflow.
- Assist managers with budget reviews and analysis.
- Any other duties as necessary to support the productions and the department including travel, food and lodging and initial office setup.
- Candidate will need to adapt quickly to constant change and department re-organization
- Candidate should be open-minded and have a team driven work ethic
- Data entry
- Troubleshooting (i.e.: when systems break, try to find a solution (de-bug))
- Collaborate to develop or enhance internal production tools
- Training on the internal tools
- 5+ years experience in scripted television production within a high volume production company or medium to high budget network in the US Hispanic content space; or in Mexico, Spain, Colombia or Argentina. Candidates will likely be at the Manager (or equivalent) level outside of Netflix.
- Team player with an ability to supervise several projects in various points of production (from development through delivery) in a fast-paced environment.
- Access to long roster of high quality vendors and crew/creative talent worldwide.
- Flexibility to respond after hours for important, timely or urgent manners.
- Ability to be discreet and handle confidential information.
- Proficiency in Google Docs, Sheets, Gmail, Gdrive, MS Word, Excel. Movie Magic Budgeting and Scheduling a plus, but not required and familiarity with post production/editorial systems and finishing processes also desirable.
- Understanding of how to prioritize and respond accordingly.
- Willingness to continue learning to ensure understanding of current production process and equipment.
- Willingness to take educated risks and think out of the box.
- Fully bilingual English/Spanish a must - Portuguese would be a plus.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to multi-task.