Senior Backend Engineer - Studio Programming Engineering
- Los Gatos, California
- Content Engineering
How do you spark joy in hundreds of millions of people? It starts with a vision—that technology can give voice to stories around the world. Netflix empowers a small band of creatives to do what no studio has ever done—tell hundreds of stories you fall in love with and stay up binge watching.
As an engineer on the Studio Programming Engineering team, you’ll help us build the future of how the Netflix studio creates and produce shows on a global scale. We partner closely with our data science teams to build beautiful applications that make the studio workflow 10x more efficient.
Our team includes people of all genders, sexual orientation, mothers, fathers, the self-taught, the university-educated, and people of a wide variety of nationalities, ages, and socio-economic backgrounds. Diverse teams are strong teams, and we encourage those with varied identities, backgrounds and experiences to apply.
Our ideal teammate (you don’t have to tick all the boxes right now)
- Has proven experience building applications and services in a microservices environment
- Deeply understands good software design patterns mixed with a healthy passion for refactoring and keeping things simple
- Exercises rigor in automated testing, code quality, and engineering best practices
- Balances being product focused and engineering quality minded
- Understands and is thoughtful about tradeoffs
- Leverages and contributes to open source
- You're excited about GraphQL
- You’ve read and understood the book Designing Data-Intensive Applications
A few logistical details:
- This position is on-site in Los Gatos, CA
- We provide relocation benefits
- We provide visa assistance where possible
Take a peek at your future colleagues
Garrett is an enthusiastic polyglot engineer on the Studio Programming Engineering team, actively seeking to be ballin'. He enjoys long talks on the internet and his perfect evening is coding with the ones he loves.
Lauren is an engineering manager at Netflix, accomplished public speaker, and thoughtful engineer at heart. As a leader, she strives to listen first, understand second, and speak last.