Workstation Support Technician
- Los Angeles, California
- Post Production
Netflix is the world's leading internet entertainment service with over 148 million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
Be an integral part of Netflix bringing delight to viewers and help transform the way content is created and distributed. The Creative Technologies and Infrastructure team is responsible for building and supporting world-class creative production environments at Netflix owned and leased production facilities worldwide. Our core philosophy is people over process. More specifically, we have great people working together as a dream team. With this approach, we are a more flexible, fun, stimulating, creative, and successful organization. Take a look at our culture deck. If the culture and position resonate, we would love to speak.
We are looking for a Workstation Support Technician, based out of our Los Angeles Headquarters, to join the Netflix Creative Technologies and Infrastructure team. This team is responsible for the effective design, implementation, and support of production ready systems and infrastructure at facilities around the world. As our boots on the ground, you will help deploy, scale, and automate the Studio production environment. You will be our first line of support and work closely with our artists, production staff, and 3rd party partners on support, designs, solutions, and implementations. You will bridge knowledge gaps between teams, proactively identify inefficiencies and improvements, and develop solutions.
- You will be our first point of contact for production support
- Proactively engage with artists, supervisors, and management to support their productions and identify inefficiencies and improvements
- Be a conduit for cross organizational communication
- Travel to support offsite productions including installation and configuration of hardware and software
- Assist in the management of software licenses and deployment
Skills, Knowledge, and Qualifications
- Well organized, ambitious, and proactive
- An innate curiosity and drive to fill knowledge gaps and connect the right people
- A working knowledge of media and entertainment pipelines and workflows
- An understanding of network, storage and workstation architectures will be crucial to understanding production support issues and identifying solutions
- Working knowledge and ability to speak intelligently about operating systems (windows 10, OSX, linux), networking (IP address spaces, DNS, ports), network storage (SAN, NAS), workstation hardware
- (GPU’s, memory, etc..), MS Server, and Google Apps for Business.
- Familiarity with DCC’s in the M&E workflow including software built by Autodesk, The Foundry, Adobe,
- and Avid.
- 5 years of experience directly supporting production in the Media and Entertainment space
- Knowledge of animation workflows and associated software (Avid, Adobe, Autodesk, Foundry, etc..)
- Experience with ticketing systems such as Zendesk, Spiceworks, Jira
- Familiarity with Google Apps for Business including Drive, Sheets, Drawings, and Docs
- Comfortable working in a fast paced and fluid environment
- Willing to travel worldwide to provide support
- Ability to comfortably lift 50 pounds
Share this listing:
Share this listing: