Senior Manager of Product Innovation, Messaging
- Los Gatos, California
- Product Management
Netflix is seeking a data-fluent product leader with a passion for member communications to join our team as Senior Manager of Product Innovation for Messaging. As we grow around the world, we have increasing opportunities to communicate with and delight our members in new ways. In this role, you will join a very senior group of product innovators responsible for continuously improving our service and growing our business globally.
A successful candidate will have the creativity to look at problems in new ways, the discipline to use a rigorous, a/b testing approach to find out what works, a balance of creative and analytic skills and the boldness to try new things. You will focus on experimenting with new messages and platforms across all our devices, especially mobile, to bring the joy of great entertainment experiences to users around the world. You will extend our reach to new platforms and find new ways to leverage existing ones. A particular focus will be improving how we communicate with our users internationally.
About This Role
This role has no direct reports, but instead provides leadership within the organization, and is focused on driving forward a key part of the business. The position will lead a cross-functional team of designers, engineers, analysts and others who specialize in the messaging space. At Netflix, our product team is small so you have the opportunity to make a big impact on our userbase of 125M members, and our unique culture drives our approach to innovation.
This role reports to the Vice President of Product Innovation, Global Growth & Acquisition.
- Set a vision and strategy for how Netflix communicates with our members through messaging platforms (e.g. email, push notifications, SMS, in-app notifications)
- Use messaging techniques to grow our userbase around the world
- Leverage our large set of original content to get users excited about our entertainment offering
- Collaborate closely with other product managers on the team to integrate messaging experiences into their product experiences
- Conduct a/b testing to improve the messaging experience for our users
- Effectively lead and inspire a cross-functional team
What We’re Looking For
- 5+ years experience in product management
- Experience in a direct-to-consumer business where the consumer is paying for a service
- Excitement about using messaging platforms to improve the customer experience
- Demonstrated understanding of good UX and good copy
- Analytic approach to problem-solving
- Ability to inspire, motivate and lead designers and engineers
- Ability to communicate well, in both small and large groups
- Comfortable with giving and receiving candid feedback
- Experience with a/b testing on a large scale is a plus
- Experience working on global products is also beneficial