Manager, Programmatic Marketing - Japan
- Tokyo, Japan
It’s an amazing time to join Netflix. We are shaping the future of global entertainment, bringing new stories to millions of people worldwide. Our marketing is focused on building Netflix as the #1 destination for entertainment, and bringing consumers to our service through breakthrough campaigns for some of most compelling, exclusive content in the world.
At Netflix we marry the best parts of a tech and an entertainment company, and for programmatic this gives us a unique opportunity to push the industry forward. Recognized as a leading company in the field, empowered by strong insights, world-class AdTech team and a commitment to learning, we continuously push ourselves forward. We are facing some unique challenges in Japan, so joining us is your chance to be at the forefront of programmatic innovation globally, but also to solve problems in a way that will help us unlock growth for our business and bring the joy of entertainment to millions.
As Manager, Programmatic Marketing (Japan), you will be responsible for the planning, activation and optimization of our programmatic efforts (RTB, paid social and paid search) in Japan, and the coordination of our cross-functional efforts related to those campaigns. You will also help Netflix maintain its status as one of the most advanced companies in the field of programmatic by being a thought leader and constantly challenging the status quo.
- Serve as the programmatic lead (through planning, set-up, management, and optimization) for a number of marketing campaigns with a focus on launching our Original Series and Features
- Act as a project lead in coordinating cross-functional efforts linked to your campaigns, both within Japan teams and in relation with our global partners
- Support our ongoing efforts to improve our programmatic strategies and tactics across our key markets – be a beacon for innovation and help us stay a leader in the field of programmatic
- In partnership with the Marketing teams, help identify digital opportunities beyond programmatic, validate their relevance for Netflix and activate where and when meaningful for our business
- Drive the insights generation to create thoughtful recommendations - backed by data - of new tactics to elevate performance against our KPIs
- Ideate and execute rigorous test campaigns to understand the drivers of impact and push the boundaries further
- Help identify, develop and activate key local and regional partners allowing us to improve our advertising presence in Japan
- At least 4 years in a hands-on role managing paid social and/or programmatic campaigns at an agency, marketer, Tech/AdTech company or DSP
- At least 6 years of total marketing experience, including experience dealing with complex sets of stakeholders across multiple time zones
- Top-notch platform skills with FB Power Editor, AdWords, Twitter and DBM.
- Strong grasp of the overall digital marketing ecosystem in Japan and the role that paid social and programmatic play within
- Fluent in English and Japanese.
- Excellent communication skills. You will be the go-to-person for multiple marketing and communication teams. Interpersonal skills are a prerequisite for success.
- High attention to detail, analytical skills and the ability to make forward-looking data-driven decisions that will help drive the growth of our business
- Flexibility and adaptability to change. Our business evolves constantly, and we have to constantly change with it!
- A passion for the entertainment business and a strong understanding of popular culture in Asia
- A strong belief in our culture. We live by our values, so it's worth learning more about them at jobs.netflix.com/culture
- International marketing experience, ideally in a regional or global role
- Experience with traditional/reserve digital media buying
- Exposure to offline marketing channels & tactics