Senior Software Engineer - Post Production Engineering
- Los Angeles, California
- Content Engineering
Netflix is the leading provider of streaming video, a lot of it is original content: features, shorts, series, documentaries, comedy specials and unscripted content.
Providing solutions to these productions which enable creatively fulfilling and efficient workflows is what we do in Post Production Engineering. We partner with the studio to provide a wide range of solutions for the creative process. These encompass workflow implementations for everything from data management, project tracking, data transformation and asset sharing. Our tools span the entire length of the post production process from on-set to delivery. Our team is a diverse group of engineers, designers and industry experts building solutions to enable content creation across the globe.
As Netflix creates more and more programming around the world leveraging new video and audio production technology, the studio’s internal production infrastructure needs are rapidly expanding and evolving to support creative development and production execution. This role offers a clean slate and the opportunity to invent the future.
As part of the Post Production Engineering group, you will:
- Develop a managed services architecture to enable globally distributed teams
- Design the next generation of tools for Animation and VFX
- Devise robust testing and deployment strategies for scale
- Lead cross-functional initiatives working with bright engineers across organizations
- Lean in to cutting edge technology and data driven decision making
- 9+ years of experience in motion picture or television visual effects and/or animation production pipeline teams
- Experience with the deployment of services across a global cloud-enabled enterprise
- Deep understanding of core pipeline design and architecture choices including dependency tracking, asset management and multisite workflows
- Expert level python
- The communication skills to clearly articulate and document technical processes
- BS/MS in Computer Science (or equivalent)
- Experience implementing academic papers a plus
- Contributor to opensource projects a plus