Product Designer, TV
- Los Gatos, California
- product design
Netflix is the world’s leading internet television network with 125 million members in over 190 countries. We connect people with movies and television globally by delivering outstanding content, technical innovation and user experience. We're continuing to invest in globally-recognized original content like Stranger Things, Orange is the New Black and La Casa de Papel.
On the Experience Design Innovation Team, our mission is to understand our members’ needs and desires to help them discover and connect with meaningful entertainment around the globe.
As a lead product designer at Netflix, you will be developing ideas, crafting rich canvases and testing new experiences that can bring our shows and movies to life. You will be involved at every step of the product development process, from brainstorming and testing broad ideas to ensuring design quality through launch. Using your full range of interaction, visual, and product thinking skills, you will lead and own an experience for our product teams.
You will thrive on leading projects to successful outcomes for users and the business. Above all, you will approach problems holistically and create elegantly simple solutions to multi-faceted problems.
- Problem solve, think big, and explore divergent concepts/ideas while understanding how to converge and build iteratively towards your vision.
- Leverage your leadership skills to define problems, think strategically and identify solutions.
- Build strong relationships with engineering, product management, research and content partners.
- Influence the shape of the product with research and data while executing design work using high quality wireframes, mockups, user journeys, and cross-platform interactive prototypes.
- Advocate for design by sharing your work and presenting cross-functionally, while being able to precisely articulate design rationale.
- Inspire the entire team (including your cross-functional partners) by bringing new ideas to the table to continually test, learn and launch.
- Have a natural bias towards how, not why, and be fully invested in our culture of experimentation, and A/B testing.
- Work closely with Engineering teams to develop scalable, quality experiences for both high and low bandwidth members.
- Provide mentorship for a team of designers and prototypers.
Experience & Skills:
- 8+ years of experience working in UX, UI, HCI related field with experience working on mobile and/or TV, shipping consumer-facing applications.
- 3+ years of experience managing or leading design teams is a plus.
- Experience designing large-scale system designs and frameworks on multiple platforms (TV, iOS, Android, Mobile web, Desktop, etc.).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to articulate the rationale behind your design decisions and influence key stakeholders.
- Highly proficient with design tools (Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.).
- Proficient with interactive prototyping tools (Framer, Principle, Origami, Invision Studio, etc.).
- Ability to thrive in ambiguous situations, be a self-starter, and be comfortable switching between vision-level and hands-on pixel-level work.
- Ability to bring projects from concept to completion, doing everything possible to ensure their success.
- A strong bias towards action.
- Earnest, mature, and ego-free. You welcome candid feedback, and can constructively give it as well.
- Portfolio of work samples for TV, web and/or mobile applications.
- Love of television and film.
We believe creating elegant user experiences requires two things: A team of talented, expert-level designers whose individual strengths complement each other, and a close-knit, open-minded environment where collaboration and feedback are valued.
Speaking of collaboration, it’s critical that we build strong relationships with our partners in product management, engineering, and marketing. We also believe that the very best designs prove themselves in the marketplace. That's why we use consumer science, metrics and testing to inform our design instinct and sensibility.
We need your skills to help our successful business reach even greater heights. You'll find that our compensation, benefits, and culture are hard to beat.
If you haven't had a chance to read our Culture at Netflix page, please take a moment and check it out, as these are the principals we hold each other accountable to everyday.
If you’d like a sneak peek at how our team works, please view our Netflix Design Team video on YouTube.