Manager, Business & Legal Affairs, Local Originals - Korea
- Seoul, South Korea
Netflix is the world's leading internet entertainment service with 130 million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments. It is an exciting time to work at Netflix, especially as we expand our slate of Originals programming. In 2018, Netflix will invest $8 billion in content globally and we'll continue to focus on investment in original content all over the world.
In preparation for this, Netflix seeks a seasoned and intellectually curious production expert to join Netflix's growing International Originals initiative, which is focused on creating local language content in a variety of international markets, e.g., Dark (Germany), Ingobernable (Mexico), Midnight Diner (Japan) and 3% (Brazil). The position does not require a license to practice law.
As part of the Korea business and legal affairs team, you will help define the Netflix brand and shape the future of entertainment throughout Asia. The successful candidate will be a key member of the Korea business and legal affairs team, and will work closely alongside partners, producers and local counsel to structure and negotiate production-related agreements and harmonize Netflix objectives within local frameworks.
The ideal candidate will welcome the opportunity to be part of a fast-paced, entrepreneurial organization and thrive in communicating in a global environment. The position will be based in Seoul, though frequent travel may be required.
- The successful candidate will have 5 to 10 years of production experience (primarily scripted series) in Korea, and as well as broad-based entertainment experience.
- Curiosity and willingness to ask questions without fear of looking foolish.
- Strong communication skills (candor, honesty, tact).
- Strong analytical (strategic and creative) capabilities and judgment.
- Ability to work proactively, independently and reliably under tight time frames in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work in a small group, tackle all challenges and take initiative.
- Ability to work closely with and manage outside counsel.
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively cross-functionally, think practically and be solution-oriented.
- Adaptable negotiation style.
- Passion for Netflix's strategy and different cultures.
- Comfortable traveling internationally and working flexible hours.