Senior OS Engineer
- Los Gatos, California
- Cloud and Platform Engineering
Netflix is the world’s leading Internet television network with more than 130 million members worldwide enjoying billions of hours of TV shows and movies per month.
The Performance and OS Engineering team are key to running the service by bringing higher efficiency to the Netflix streaming environment and providing the platform that supports our hundreds of microservices across more than 150,000 instances on AWS.. You are a key part of this success story, making sure the service performs exceptionally. We are looking for some unique engineering talent to help us take our operating environment to the next level as we continue to scale up with new customers.
- Working with our internal customers on understanding and optimizing the OS for their needs. Solving problems with their deployments on top of the latest OS.
- Working with external partners to integrate and absorb new OS functionality into our environment.
- Working with the external Ubuntu/Linux community on feature enhancements and improvements to the OS to support our growing footprint.
- Scripting in Python, Shell
You’ll succeed with:
- Extensive experience with Linux based OS (Debian/Ubuntu preferred).
- Deep understanding of VM based environments including container environments such as Docker, LXC, etc.
- Experience with performance analysis and tuning of large scale systems.
- Ability to run cross-organizational projects.
- OS troubleshooting skills across different application types. Using performance tools to improve performance and scale of different environments.
- Linux (Debian/Ubuntu) experience.
- Experience with Cloud Computing platforms (particularly AWS) a plus.
- Experience in Devops for a cloud based application.