Product Designer, Growth
- Los Gatos, California
- Product Design
We are looking for a lead Product Designer to help design solutions for the global market as Netflix continues to entertain and reach the next 100 million users world-wide. As a Product Designer on the Member acquisition & Growth team, you will play a key role in defining Netflix’s relationship with new customers working across various channels for growth including and not limited to onboarding, partnerships, payments and messaging.
What’s in it for you?
• Your impact is global by over a hundred million people (and growing)
• You are empowered to find newer ways to win the hearts and minds of an audience out there
• You get to choose what tools you use and how you approach solving problems
• You are surrounded by many talented people that you’re inspired by everyday
• On the spectrum from careful to reckless, we live right on the border of reckless (otherwise we’re not pushing boundaries)
• You'll find that our compensation, benefits, and culture are hard to beat.
You’re an incredible user-experience designer with interaction and visual design skills. You have years of experience creating great enterprise and/or consumer-oriented UIs. You know how to be the voice for customer-centric design innovation while meeting business goals. You understand when and how to work with qualitative research methodologies and also have the rigor and approach in how to use data to inform design.
You’re comfortable adapting to changes. When faced with limits, you become more — not less — creative. You bring projects from concept to completion, doing everything possible to ensure their success.
You’re smart, confident, highly competent—and humble enough not to have an ego. You’re a skilled communicator who welcomes honest, candid feedback. You have the ability to prioritize, plan and deliver projects on time and with quality expectations. You collaborate with PMs, business dev partners, engineers, researchers and content creators to oversee the experience from conception to launch.
The Must Haves:
• 6+ years design experience on consumer-friendly interactive experiences
• Experience creating solutions for enterprise or consumer products
• A great portfolio that showcases deep interaction and/or visual design skills
• Ability to rapidly ideate and produce multiple UX/UI concepts
• The communication skills to clearly articulate rationale behind your concepts—and evangelize on their behalf
• Experience across the entire product lifecycle and have lived through multiple launches
• Experience working with remote teams and solving for an international audience is a plus
• BA/BS in fine arts, human factors or related field; advanced degree is a plus
• A good sense of humor
• A love of movies and TV shows
• Earnest, mature, and ego-free. You welcome candid feedback, and can constructively give it as well.