Senior Financial Analyst - Content FP&A (EMEA)
- Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Financial Planning and Analysis
Netflix is the world's leading internet entertainment service with over 130 million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
The Content Planning & Analysis group is looking for a Senior Financial Analyst to join its Content FP&A team. The role will be an integrated business partner to the global content acquisition team and be responsible for financial planning and analytics for the company's rapidly expanding programming initiatives. The analyst position will reside within the company's Amsterdam office and focus on content planning for Europe, Middle East & Africa (EMEA).
This role will be based out of our Amsterdam office and be responsible for analysis used in Netflix financial content planning and strategic decision-making, specifically:
• Supporting near-term and long-term P&L forecasts
• Supporting key portions of the company's free cash flow forecast
• Developing insightful presentations that summarize this data and facilitate decision-making for senior Netflix management
• Performing financial scenario analysis to support senior management's strategic decision making
• Forecasting programming flow and analytics to plan for long-term content health across regions
Candidates are required to be highly analytical and be strong, effective communicators.
Prior experience in financial planning & analysis in the entertainment industry, management consulting, investment banking, or Big 4 accounting is preferred. Ideal candidates will have a proven track record of superior financial and strategic analysis and developing/delivering recommendations based on this analysis.
The successful candidate must display initiative in anticipating and exceeding the business demands of senior-level business managers. This person must thrive in a fast-paced environment and exhibit the highest personal and professional standards of integrity and ethics.
Netflix is fast-growing with a flat organizational structure, which means that employees are often asked to perform tasks with a range of difficulties. Candidate must be motivated, disciplined, and able to work effectively autonomously.
• 4 to 7 years of relevant experience. Experience in Media/Entertainment FP&A preferred
• Extensive experience conducting quantitative and qualitative financial analysis and delivering actionable recommendations based on the analysis
• Experience with long-term cash forecasting
• Superior proficiency with Excel & complex financial modeling
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Sound working knowledge of the related accounting guidance preferred
• 4-year degree in relevant field with strong academic performance