Manager of Interactive Licensing
- Los Angeles, California
It’s an amazing time to be joining Netflix as we continue to transform entertainment globally. Netflix has grown to over 100 million members across the globe. With that we have a group of fervent fans that are genuinely engaged in our brand and content. To that end we’re looking to establish an interactive licensing program to help amplify fervor around key titles by developing a new way for fans to experience our titles off the Netflix service.
We are pursuing video games because we believe it will drive meaningful show awareness/buzz and allow fans to “play” our most popular content. We want the interactive category to help promote our titles so they become part of the zeitgeist for longer periods of time and we want to use games as a marketing tactic to capture demand and delight our member community (ex: Stranger Things: The Game )
This role requires someone to take on the responsibility of creating an end-to-end strategy and executional plan for the interactive category across our portfolio of titles.
What you will do:
- Interactive licensing of our content across all platforms, including ownership of developer, publisher and platform relationships.
- Be an internal and external champion of the opportunity, vision, pitch and message with regards to our interactive licensing strategy.
- Identify upstream requirements (legal, financial, business planning, approvals) and downstream creative approach for interactive game development
- Take a ‘creative friendly’ approach and ensure appropriate internal stakeholders are involved in key decision-making.
- Develop go-to-market plans with interactive partners that leads to strong demand for our games.
- Develop and implement an interactive category strategy for growth through console, mobile and PC platforms.
What we need from you:
- Demonstrated, 8+ years of relevant experience at a game publisher, developer or reputable entertainment brand.
- Bachelor’s degree or advanced degree (preferred).
- Ability to work with; and innovate in new sales channels and business models
- Robust knowledge of the interactive gaming landscape from ideation around IP through to delivery and consumer experience.
- Impeccable contacts and network of stakeholders across the interactive landscape.
- Deep engagement competency and ability to work with multiple, disparate stakeholders to achieve the best outcome for Netflix. You can read more about our company culture here.