Engineering Manager - Content Platform Engineering - Post Production
- Los Gatos, California
- Content Engineering
Netflix is leading the disruption of internet television. We have the largest global subscription based video on demand entertainment service. There are 125+ million subscribers in more than 190 countries. Our service accounts for almost a third of the peak internet downstream traffic in North America. Netflix is available on more than a 1000 different devices, including personal computers, connected devices, smartphones, tablets and game consoles.
We are looking for an Engineering leader to scale our content platform for digital assets and workflow. This solution is critical to the success of our service and company as we become a global leader in original content. The platform manages the various digital assets that we procure from our content partners and transforms that data for creative workflows in Post Production Visual Effects and Animation. You will scale the platform to manage multiple territory and originals content launches in a year to set up an efficient and automated supply chain for asset transformation and creative workflow tools.
What the team does:
- Builds tools to efficiently manage assets and workflow process
- Architects and develops scalable, highly available solutions that run in Amazon EC2
- Builds tools for enhancing creative workflows in Post Production
- Integrates with 3rd party products and services in the support of Post Production workflow
- Builds a secure portal and API for internal users and external partners to collaborate
What you’ll do:
- Team Leadership: build and lead a team of exceptional engineers adept at building distributed microservices and compelling user interfaces.
- Technical Vision: evaluate architecture choices on an ongoing basis, in anticipation of increased scale and ever-evolving technology to meet the demands of a rapidly growing business.
- Leverage technical skills to successfully drive infrastructure & tool improvements for new products and existing processes and workflows
- Product Leadership: define and execute the roadmap by collaborating with partners in Product, Design and Operations.
What we’re looking for:
- You have experience building and leading a team of exceptional engineers
- You have good ideas and can inspire team to come up with better ideas.
- You are able to work through ambiguous requirements and make decisions to push forward.
- You have passion for building highly scalable solutions with flexibility factored in to make quick pivots as business evolves.
- You have good grasp of technologies such as Java and distributed/cloud development.
- You demonstrate excellent communication skills, both within the team, and across the organization.
- You have 5+ years of experience growing and managing software development teams in fast-paced environments and 10+ years of software development experience.