Content Marketing Manager - EMEA
- Los Angeles, California
It's an amazing time to be joining the expanding Netflix team as we continue to transform entertainment globally. Netflix is the world’s leading internet entertainment service with over 130 million paid memberships in over 190 countries -- with the Europe, Middle East, and Africa (EMEA) region as a critical piece of our international expansion. People are discovering Netflix every day in EMEA.
The Content Marketing Manager for EMEA will work from the Los Angeles office and report into the Director also based in Los Angeles. Working closely with both the Creative and EMEA Marketing teams, this role will facilitate development of breakthrough campaigns for our vast catalog of Global Original titles alongside cross-functional partners such as Brand & Editorial, Publicity, Programmatic, Partner Marketing, Marketing Planning & Analysis, and Content Planning & Analysis (based in Los Angeles, London, Amsterdam, Madrid, and Paris).
In this role you are not…
- Managing budgets, but you are aware of them
- Briefing agencies, but you can impact briefs
- Building creative, but you will provide feedback creative materials
- Choosing what titles to support in a market, but you will share key information for a market to make that decision
This is not…
- Your typical Marketing Manager role - it’s everything but that...
- A role driving the local campaign for a particular market - bur rather, providing the tools for cross-functional teams to build them
- For the faint of heart - strategic alignment across 20+ different markets is difficult!
- Boring or simple - every day brings a new challenge to tackle and objective to achieve
- Pan-EMEA Campaign Lead - you will be responsible for providing EMEA’s perspective and needs during global campaign planning
- Campaign Development & Project Management - you will kick-off the regional campaign development workflow and lead, mobilize, and align with local cross-functional teams to meet campaign goals
- Marketing Strategy - you will partner with the local teams (Marketing and Brand & Editorial) to define the strategies for the launch
- Long-Term Planning - you will assess opportunities for EMEA and identify the titles that would resonate in the markets through partnering with Content and Consumer Insights teams, and use data analysis and other available information sources like sentiment on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and beyond.
A stunning candidate has:
- At least 8 years of experience in international marketing or expertise in theatrical, unscripted, or kids & family content marketing
- Working experience with digital advertising and strong grasp of traditional and social media platforms
- Ability to manage 20+ projects simultaneously
- A command of verbal and written communication and presentation skills to lead meetings, manage workflow and provide cultural or region-specific insights
- Experience working with multiple EMEA countries is a strong preference
- Fluency in other European languages (e.g. Spanish, French, Italian, German) is a strong preference
Netflix’s culture is unique and attracts people who seek to innovate and push creative boundaries. Read our culture memo to learn what it’s like working for Netflix.