Content Analyst, Kids, Teen and Family
- Los Angeles, California
- Editorial Creative
This opening is for a full-time hourly employee to be based in either our Los Angeles OR Los Gatos office.
The Editorial Creative Metadata Team is seeking a Kids, Teen, & Family Content Analyst to help categorize television and movies for our 100+ million users. Our team is wild about youth media and we are looking for someone who shares our enthusiasm! The ideal candidate has in-depth knowledge of entertainment content created for kids, families, and teens, with a strong eye towards determining age-appropriate maturity and themes. The Kids, Teen, & Family Metadata team is responsible for 1) identifying which content belongs in Kids profiles, 2) identifying how content evolves as kids grow up, 3) cataloging shows and movies based on a variety of themes, and 4) applying metadata and ratings to kids, teens, and family content.
In this position, you will:
• Apply Metadata and Tags to Content: You will categorize youth movies and television shows for different ages and interests based on varying themes and properties.
• Apply Global Ratings to Content: Using existing global guidelines, along with Netflix tools for calibrating global sensitivities, you will apply ratings to content produced for kids, teens, and families.
• Contribute to Backtagging and Innovation Projects: When metadata guidelines are updated, you will support projects to ensure that new data are applied accurately and appropriately to hundreds of titles. You will also assist with projects that include 1) vetting new material to determine how or if the content is suitable for youth, 2) providing feedback on experimental content analyses, and 3) contributing to product innovations for Netflix Kids, Teen, & Family.
• Collaborate on Cross-team Shared Initiatives: The Content Analyst will be positioned as a title expert who is capable of collaborating across teams to support A/B testing needs and to engage in conversations with partners who are interested in positioning titles from marketing and product merch angles.
Required of Qualified Candidates:
• Extensive knowledge of kids, teen, and family television shows and movies
• Ability to collaborate harmoniously with a dynamic variety of team personalities
• Zero fear and of, and an infallible willingness to learn and use unique digital tools and systems
• Excellent organizational skills, with sharp attention to nuanced details
• Ability to converse articulately and confidently in business conversations with partnering stakeholders
Nice-to-have of Qualified Candidates:
• Qualitative research skills, with a focus on Content Analysis or Thematic Coding
• Education in Child or Adolescent Development, Youth Media Studies, or other related fields
• Proficiency in a second language beyond English