Policy Escalations Specialist, Global Customer Service
- Los Gatos, California
- Customer Service
As a member of the Policy Escalations team, you will analyze and respond to inquiries regarding Netflix’s privacy practices, produce data for law enforcement requests, perform CS tool evaluations, and provide support to our CS network on matters of Brand protection and other organizational practices.
We are seeking someone who is detail-oriented, has strong judgement, and demonstrates the willingness to get things done. This is a unique opportunity to be part of a fast-paced, entrepreneurial organization and work on a variety of sensitive issues.
The position is based in Los Gatos and reports to the Manager of Policy Escalations and will work in close collaboration with Legal teams, product/engineering, and other cross-functional teams to carry out his/her responsibilities.
- Partner with the Data Privacy and Security Legal Team on privacy/data protection requests
- Act as first point of contact for privacy/data protection inquiries and will investigate and triage where necessary
- Compile data in accordance with applicable laws and Netflix’s terms of service.
- Partner with the Law Enforcement and Global Compliance Legal teams on legal requests
- Communicate both verbally and in writing to law enforcement authorities, consumers, and other Netflix teams
- Work and communicate cross-functionally with different teams to evaluate, investigate, triage and articulate complex issues in a concise and succinct manner
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and high visibility projects with strict deadlines (Project Management experience a plus)
- Self-starter who can work independently in an ambiguous landscape
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to review data and identify trends
- Ability to maintain a positive and constructive attitude, communicate effectively in difficult or high stress situations
- Receptive to and able to appropriately incorporate feedback to continuously improve workflows and processes
- Prior significant experience supporting in-house privacy/data protection teams
- Substantive knowledge of US privacy and security laws as well as a working knowledge of international privacy and data protection laws
- Ability to communicate and explain legal requirements clearly and effectively
- Ability to adapt to business needs and thrives in a fast-paced environment with shifting priorities
- 3+ Working knowledge of data protection, information security and brand protection a plus
- Foreign language fluency (particularly in German, Brazilian Portuguese, and/or Korean) a plus