Senior Data Scientist - Product Analytics and Experimentation
- Los Gatos, California
- Science and Analytics
Netflix maintains a relentless focus on continually improving our product through analytics and experimentation. We are seeking a talented and passionate data scientist to help drive innovation for our user interfaces on mobile, web, and television devices used by over 130 million members across the globe. This is a high-impact position where your analytical insights and interpretation of test results will have a direct impact on product decisions. Nearly all product changes are tested before productization: recent innovations have included making it easier for mobile members to discover new shows with mobile previews, enhancing the TV browsing experience with video previews and an improved user interface, and selecting the best artwork for videos
To learn more about our research and analytics work, you can visit our research page here.
- Partner closely with product management leadership, designers, and engineers to design and analyze experiments that drive key product decisions.
- Proactively perform data exploration on user behavior to discover future testing opportunities. Past projects included segmenting customers based on network characteristics and visualizing how users navigate the application.
- Research the best metrics to measure user engagement.
- Build data products to rapidly turn novel ideas into web apps and dashboards.
- Scale your solutions to enable partners to self-serve effectively and automating common data science workflows.
- Present your research and insights to all levels of the company, clearly and concisely.
- PhD degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Physics, Operations Research, Econometrics or related field
- 5+ years relevant experience with a proven track record of leveraging massive amounts of data to drive product innovation
- Strong statistical knowledge and intuition - ideally utilized in A/B testing or other experimentation setting
- Strong SQL skills
- Strong Programming skills in Python or R
- Experience with distributed analytic processing technologies (Hive, Pig, Presto, Spark)
- Experience creating data products and dashboards in Tableau, R Shiny, or D3.
- Deep product sense
- Ability to work independently and drive your own projects
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- A fan of Netflix is a strong plus
A few more things to know:
- We expect a lot. Our culture is unique and we live by our values, so it's worth learning more about Netflix Culture
- We are a tight and driven team with big goals, so we seek individuals who are truly passionate about their work.