Senior Software Engineer - Continuous Integration
- Los Gatos, California
- Cloud and Platform Engineering
About the Team
Netflix engineers ship thousands of lines of code every day. Their work translates into new product features, delivery of Originals content, or algorithms for our internal telemetry system. The Developer Productivity team develops, deploys and supports the software that allows engineers to develop and publish their code with ease.
The team is expanding and has enormous momentum toward building first class continuous integration capabilities. As a result, we are currently seeking a Continuous Integration Engineer to join our growing organization. We are seeking engineers with a passion for building reliable and highly available solutions for our build system and continuous integration infrastructure.
The Netflix build and continuous integration infrastructure enables feature velocity and enhanced productivity to optimize the daily activities of an engineer. On the Developer Productivity team, you’ll be automating infrastructure to maintain the stability, integrity and performance of all test and production environments as well as building services and plugins to bridge the gaps in our existing tools. Your work will have a worldwide impact and the unique opportunity to influence the culture of development and collaboration across multiple teams.
About the Role
This is an exciting role demanding a strong background in software engineering, build automation, continuous integration and collaboration. This role will challenge you to operate at a tactical and strategic level, while managing high availability and maintaining infrastructure to maximize performance in distributed builds. It requires deep insight into the software development lifecycle for production services and also gives you freedom with the responsibility to complete your goals.
- Address complex architectural problems with simple, intuitive designs
- Work at all phases of the software development lifecycle (planning, design, implementation, deployment, and support)
- Contribute to solutions that address the problems inherent in sharing and integrating code at scale
- Increase the velocity of the build system
- Operate and improve the existing CI infrastructure
- Participate in an on-call support rotation for the team's services
- Collaborate effectively with teammates and technical partners
- Communicate technical ideas and direction across the organization
- Senior-level software development
- Strong JVM programming skills -- OO languages such as Java, Kotlin, or Groovy
- Version Control -- experience using Git
- Build automation -- using tools such as Gradle, Maven, Webpack or Gulp
- Continuous Integration -- supporting Jenkins, TravisCI, CircleCI or similar tools
- Test automation -- unit testing, TDD, testing pyramid
- Running services in production
- Exposure to cloud infrastructures, such as AWS, GCE or Azure
- Exposure to operating distributed systems at scale
- Experience working with API’s
- Experience resolving dependency conflicts
- Building internal developer tools
- Coaching engineers on tools and best practices
- Developing Jenkins plugins
Here’s some of the work we’ve done...
Netflix offers a unique culture that values freedom and responsibility. You can learn more via the culture slides and “who we are” section of jobs.netflix.com.
Share this listing:
Share this listing: