Senior Software Engineer - WebUI
- Los Gatos, California
- UI Engineering
Netflix has been changing the way people watch shows and movies. With over 130 million subscribers across the globe, Netflix has been delivering joy one stream at a time on pretty much any connected devices.
The Web UI team is responsible for building out the netflix.com experience for users to discover series and films. We also partner closely with our internal partners that build web experiences on the WebUI platform.
We are passionate about building the best experience on the web, across different browsers and operating systems. We use React and Node.js to craft an immersive single page app that is used by millions of people worldwide to stream their favorite shows and movies. With native browser streaming, our challenge is to create a highly optimized application that can run on a variety of devices and networks.
We work with various internal partners ranging from product managers, designers, data scientists, streaming algorithms teams, and at times with content creators, to build exciting new features and AB tests. The versatility of the web platform enables us to test our bleeding edge product features quickly to gain valuable product insight.
Here are some projects our team has been working on:
What you will do
- Build consumer facing features that contributes to the innovation of the netflix.com member experience.
- Write efficient and testable code.
- Drive a project from concept to production, working closely with product managers, designers, and other engineers across Netflix.
- Provide feedback, guidance, and advocate performant and maintainable code through code reviews, face-to-face conversations, etc.
What we are looking for
- Independent, proactive, and able to deliver production ready code with minimal guidance
- Great communications skills and open to give and receive constructive feedback
- Work with other senior, high performing engineers where you will be constantly learning and sharpening your skill set
- We pay top of market with excellent benefits
- Help evolve the way people watch content online
- The Netflix culture. Not just a memo, but something we practice daily
- Hack day: build the next killer Netflix feature or something fun
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.