Senior Software Engineer - Content Platform Engineering
- Los Gatos, California
- Content Engineering
Netflix is the world's leading internet entertainment service with 125 million memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
Our 2018 content spend will be north of $7 billion and a large part of that is Original content.
Netflix is taking original content to the next level by becoming a studio, and producing our own content from concept to streaming. To support this effort, we are growing out content engineering platform to be able to support vast amount of metadata that we ingest, curate and manage.
We are looking for a senior distributed software engineer to help us build and grow the platform. In this role you will have opportunity to apply your skills to develop robust and scalable software. We provide the freedom to execute, learn and pivot, and the responsibility to be self directed, collaborative and insightful.
We are the team behind Netflix Conductor and dyno-queues which were open sourced:
- You have experience build distributed and scalable software
- You have build software using Java, Go or similar languages
- You have solid understanding of service oriented architecture and familiarity with microservices architecture
- You have Knowledge of different Data Storage technologies such as Cassandra, Redis, Riak, HBase, RDBMS, Elastic Search, etc.
- You have demonstrated success in partnering with key stakeholders in previous roles
- Communication is your strong suit: in code, in email, and face-to-face.
- You love finding and sharing best practices and driving higher discipline across organizations.
Nice to Have
- Experience with deploying software in cloud