Senior Analytics Engineer - Social Media Analytics
- Los Angeles, California
- Science and Analytics
Consumers around the world are embracing the Internet TV revolution. We are live in 190 countries and are learning and testing our way into the most effective way to market and brand our shows. The Marketing Data Engineering and Analytics team is crucial in helping Netflix reach global scale. Brand awareness, consumer behavior, and demand generation/collection sit at the intersection of art and science here at Netflix and data is a common thread connecting them. We are looking for an exceptional analytics engineer to craft and execute an insights roadmap to help us learn about consumer behavior and brand awareness.
What You Will Do:
- Transform raw data from different sources and using different tools (Hive/Presto/Spark, Redshift, Kafka, internal systems) into meaningful insights
- Build rich, high-visibility reports/dashboards/tools used by your direct stakeholders and a diverse set of teams across the company
- Be a strategic partner and influencer with wide cross functional team of business users, research scientists, and engineers.
- Answer complex analytic questions that help Netflix make strategic decisions about the security of our streaming video platform
Who You Are:
- Have held broad domain ownership for 5+ years and have been designing and building metrics-focused deliverables, ideally in a technical, consumer-facing and/or web-based business.
- A quantitative analyst who can tell a story with data as well as build scalable insights with a variety of technologies (Tableau, Notebooks, D3, Elasticsearch, etc).
- Have a high degree of comfort in leveraging SQL to manipulate petabytes of data for analysis in relational, no-sql, and distributed data stores such as Redshift, Hive, Presto, Spark
- Comfortable with ambiguity and thrive in a fast moving, ever changing environment.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Can problem solve your way out of anything.
- Experience with analyzing and interpreting various behavioral/engagement, social listening, and voice of customer data sets.
- Experience with data in consumer media, social marketing, and PR a plus.