Analytics Manager, Product Consumer Insights
- Los Gatos, California
- Consumer Insights
Netflix is seeking a talented and creative analytics leader to help optimize the Netflix product experience, focusing on elevating the quantitative analytic capabilities of our consumer insights team. This is a high-impact position where your methodological expertise, statistical rigor and interpretation of results will inform decisions affecting millions of users and help drive competitive advantage. The role covers a broad range of the consumer journey, from acquisition and retention, to new feature innovation. You and your small team will be part of the larger consumer insights group that focuses on primary research and will collaborate closely with other teams analyzing data from various sources. You will have a direct and immediate impact on the business.
- Partner with research leads to design, analyze and interpret sophisticated quantitative primary research
- Drive innovation by via a broad toolkit of methodologies and statistical techniques that could sharpen or speed up our decision-making processes.
- Proactively perform data exploration to understand underlying consumer motivations, needs and opportunities for improving the experience for members and non-members.
- Synthesize survey data and behavioral data (along with other inputs) to gain a comprehensive understanding of our consumers.
- Manage a small team of analysts
- 10+ years of hands-on experience in consumer insights / market research on the client and/or agency side.
- Advanced degree in Statistics, Econometrics, or a related quantitative field
- Analytics expert: Strong aptitude for working with data and advanced statistics (segmentation, discrete choice, etc.)
- Agile with large amounts of data (qualitative, quantitative, behavioral, secondary, etc.) -- determining what’s important and distilling it into actionable insights without getting caught up in analysis paralysis. Able to synthesize across multiple sources into a clear and concise story.
- Strong data visualization skills to convey quantitative results clearly
- Thrive on wanting to know why consumers act and feel the way they do, love sharing this understanding with others, and be known for accurately predicting consumer behavior and reaction.
- Track record as a thought leader and contributing to breakthrough innovation. Strong business acumen is critical.
- Highly collaborative with colleagues and business partners alike, as well as strong leadership skills to oversee a small team.
- Straightforward, honest and succinct communicator. Can organize, clarify and communicate complex ideas quickly, succinctly and accurately.
- Past experience in a culture that utilizes big data and experimental approaches (e.g. A/B testing) is a plus.
- Deep global research experience understanding nuances in optimizing survey approaches and analyses across diverse cultural markets.