Onboarding Specialist - Content Hub
- Los Angeles, California
- Media Engineering and Partnerships
Netflix is quickly growing into one of the world’s most prolific entertainment studios in the world, with nearly 900 original productions slated for 2018. Our movies and shows are underway all over the globe, wherever great storytellers are positioned to make engaging content. To support Netflix’s large scale, global production slate, we are building a suite of world-class production asset management tools with integrated workflow systems. Content Hub is our cloud-based application for managing the delivery, archival, and metadata associated with Netflix Original productions. The days of LTO tapes and remote desert vaults are behind us. Content Hub will be the technical infrastructure on which Netflix advances workflows and best practices within our partner facilities.
Your new team is composed of standout engineers, specialists and relationship managers that act as pioneer-consultants to the Film and Television industry. We focus on guiding the global entertainment industry supply chain beyond broadcast standards and into the new era of film and television consumption. You will be an externally facing technical partner for Content Hub with creative and technical facilities supporting Netflix Original Productions. Your mission will be to evaluate and onboard Post facilities into the Content Hub platform. Building a robust set of documents and videos in our Partner Help Center to aid in this process will allow you to scale to meet the needs of the business.
To be successful in this position, you’ll need to have a deep understanding of production/post production workflows, the ability to lead technical operations of the onboarding process, communicate challenges back to the development teams, and be an effective and patient teacher. You will work with technical representatives from partner post houses and get them up to speed using Content Hub as well as any software integrations that may be used to bypass the Content Hub UI. You will also need to have an appreciation for scale matching the business’s desire for accelerated platform penetration. You will be a helpful resource for practical solutions, an advocate for efficient change, and a clear communicator of future visions.
Key Attributes / Requirements:
- Solid understanding of Post-Production, Asset Management, API Implementations and Production workflows
- 5+ years experience working at a post-production lab in a technical capacity
- Experience training and onboarding new staff and/or 3rd party facilities involved with Dailies, DI, Editorial, Data Management, and Archiving
- Willingness and aptitude to educate both internal and external entities with varying degrees of knowledge in the technical aspects of Asset Management, post-production workflows
- Skilled at creating effective workflow documentation
- Cross functional experience collaborating with software development engineers
- Familiar with the current trends and workflows for both UHD/4K and HDR
- Strong organizational and communication skills, especially with regards to project management
Netflix offers an attractive compensation package consisting of base salary, stock options, 401K (with match), comprehensive benefits and relocation.