Global Project Construction Manager
- Los Angeles, California
We are seeking a Global Project Construction Manager as part of our growing Global Facilities and Workplace Operations team based out of our Los Angeles Headquarters. This position will be responsible for project oversight and delivery of Netflix construction projects of varying size and scope, both domestically and internationally. This role will work closely with our Global Space Planning function as well as our vendor partners to execute on our evolving site development pipeline.
Fueled by the broad appeal of being able to instantly enjoy unlimited movies and TV shows, Netflix is the world’s leading Internet television network with over 104 million members in over 190 countries. With this international expansion and a growing slate of International Original productions, it’s a great time to join Netflix.
A successful candidate will be passionate, self-motivated, proactive, quick-thinking, flexible, able to pivot when necessary, thorough and able to juggle multiple and diverse responsibilities with a strong emphasis on organization and an unwavering attention to detail at all times. This is a demanding and fast moving position that requires someone who is a proactive and positive thinker, and able to exercise good judgment and communication.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide leadership to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all those involved in the project, particularly with the Architect, General Contractor and City inspectors.
- Coordinate the functions of the estimating, scheduling, purchasing, accounting and operations departments as they relate to the progress and completion of the project under his/her direction
- Have a complete and thorough knowledge and understanding of the Contract Documents and Subcontracts
- Ensure that all drawings and specifications are examined, prior to beginning construction, for design deficiencies, impractical details and possible code violations, and through a meeting with the Architect and General Contractor, bring them to a resolution.
- Ensure that requisitions for subcontracts and purchase orders are prepared and submitted on a timely basis.
- See that the Project Schedule, incorporating dates and times for decisions, availability of design information, procurement of materials and subcontracts, lead times for fabrication, and field installation, is established and maintained.
- Ensure that the prescribed quality control measures are implemented and maintained throughout the life of the project.
- Utilize skills to run multiple projects as efficiently as possible.
- Establish and maintain Netflix administrative procedure as they relate to the project.
- Ensure applications for Payment to the Owner are properly submitted, payment is promptly received and funds are properly disbursed
- Keep management informed as to the progress of the project, its financial status and current Owner-Contractor relations
- Ensure requirements pertinent to insurance, safety and labor relations are met.
- Work with Financial Planning department to ensure reporting and forecasting of project cost is achieved on an accurate and timely basis
- Ensure that additional project costs (change requests) are submitted and accounted for in a timely manner.
- Assist with punch-listing, project closeout process, turnover document review, including providing input on what information shall be included in the TOP, and approval of as-built documents.
- Provide final project acceptance and closure for all projects.
- BA/BS or equivalent work experience in construction management
- High level of organizational skills
- Ability to read and understand construction drawings
- Ability to read and understand construction contracts (AIA)
- Have an understanding of project cost analysis
- Proficient MS Project or equivalent Scheduling Software
- Google Office Suite
- International travel
Certificates & Licenses:
- LEED AP or LEED training is preferred
- PMP is preferred