Regional Security Manager, APAC
- Singapore, Singapore
This is your chance to be on the ground floor with a team that is transforming entertainment through original production. Fueled by the broad appeal of the instantaneous enjoyment of movies and TV shows, Netflix has grown to over 100 million members in over 190 countries. With our increasing slate of originals, it's a great time to join Netflix.
Located in the Netflix Singapore office, the Regional Security Manager plans and directs the Netflix security function for the Asia Pacific South region under senior management guidance. Responsible for the development and implementation of the Regional strategic and tactical security planning initiatives to reduce risks, respond to incidents and limit exposure to liability. Ensure that a coordinated security program is successfully executed across the region. Serves as the most senior authority in regional security matters.
- Accountable for the overall strategic planning and implementation of the Regional risk reduction standards and procedures.
- Identifies significant security risks, designs and implements strategies and programs to safeguard employees as well as prevent and reduce loss to the company’s assets.
- Directs efforts in the identification of trends or patterns of existent, suspected or potential loss of corporate assets.
- Develops and manages resource networks in support of regional risk assessments, investigations, intelligence, security systems architecture/design and other programs and services evaluated as enhancements to the security function.
- Researches and deploys state-of-the-art technology solutions and innovative security management techniques to safeguard the company’s employees, core business, information, and reputation.
- Briefs senior and executive management on status of regional security issues.
- Develops and maintains close relationships with high-level law enforcement, intelligence, and private sector counterparts to include in-country and international security agencies.
- Develops and directs the communications and response process for rapid deployment of information and resources in the event of emergencies and/or security related activity in the region.
- Develop and implement security education and awareness programs at all organizational levels within the region.
- Support the special events staff in their efforts to provide appropriate levels of security to all region premieres, junkets, screenings and talent close protection.
- Support production regionally. Provide risk analysis, security recommendations, and vetted local security providers.
- Support Studio Content Security efforts in the region by; liaising with local productions and content handling vendors, and providing security guidance as directed by Studio Content Security Manager.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- This position requires a high degree of sound, independent judgment and capability. The incumbent will provide leadership and innovative, world class security solutions to unique, spontaneous and business critical issues that influence the security of employees, as well as the protection of in Region Productions, and facilities.
- The candidate will have significant experience managing complex security issues confronting corporate organizations in the Asia Pacific region.
- Ten plus years of management experience in corporate security demonstrating increasing levels of responsibility within an international corporate environment, ideally with a background in the customs, law enforcement or military sectors.
- Proven ability to influence, manage, and lead others in a complex and diverse work environment.
- Expert knowledge of specific requirements imposed by various regional government agencies, consulting with members of the global security function, as well as consulting with regional LOB’s and personnel to mitigate security issues.
- Demonstrated analytical skills necessary for the collection of data and production of security metrics.
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects internationally.
- Demonstrated technical depth and breadth of knowledge of security management concepts.
- Demonstrated knowledge of risk assessment techniques.
- Highly ethical, with demonstrated ability to handle highly sensitive/confidential information.
- Demonstrated experience developing and managing an international multi-vendor/consultant network.
- Demonstrated presentation skills to senior and executive management.
- Demonstrated ability to make sound decisions in stressful situations.
- Fluency in written and spoken English. Mandarin Chinese or Cantonese language skills are an advantage.
EDUCATION AND BACKGROUND
- Bachelor’s degree or international equivalent. Graduate degree preferred.
- Certified Protection Professional (CPP)
- Certified Fraud Examiner(CFE)