Associate, Marketing Experimentation & Analysis
- Los Gatos, California
- Financial Planning and Analysis
Netflix is revolutionizing Internet TV. We are looking for an analytical marketer who can leverage their expertise to drive insights on programmatic advertising efforts. Netflix uses experiments (e.g. A/B tests, Quasi-Experiments) to optimize digital advertising through our application of data and machine learning. We are looking for a talented team member to join the Marketing Planning & Analysis team to drive implementation and analysis of marketing experiments, as part of a larger team of data scientists, engineers, and marketers.
The position will be based in Los Gatos, CA and involves coordination with teams in both the US and our international offices. You will report to the Sr. Manager, Marketing Experimentation & Analysis on the Marketing Planning & Analysis team.
- Identify optimization opportunities on our programmatic buying platforms for testing and algo development, working closely with regional market leads and programmatic channel managers
- Own end-to-end project management (design, plan, implementation, and documentation) for many simultaneous and business-critical experiments, coordinating precise implementation of marketing strategies
- Recommend and advance new ways to use experimentation to support business decisions across the marketing organization and drive our learning agenda along with key stakeholders
- Partner with data science and engineering teams to drive analyses of our programmatic channels, develop media models, as well as enhance measurement capabilities
- Translate complicated data into actionable insights for non-technical business partners; develop trusted relationship with executive-level partner in Netflix marketing leadership
- Create thoughtful recommendations based on data and guide marketing implementation of proven winners
- Education from top tier university plus 2-4 years of experience in digital marketing working with all channels including programmatic reserve, real time bidding, and paid social (required)
- Foundational understanding of underlying advertising technology (ad serving, DMP, creative technologies, RTB bidding, etc.) and advertising landscape (mobile limitations, mechanics of attribution, etc.)
- Superior attention to detail, with demonstrated history managing complex projects involving a large number of stakeholders and experience working in cross-functional teams
- Proven track record and enthusiasm for complex problem solving and analysis, including working with large data sets (log level data) and great Excel skills. Basic understanding of SQL is a plus.
- Ability to communicate complex analytical insights in a simple, concise manner and to build strong relationships with both local and global marketing teams to effectively convert insights into action
- Quantitative mindset with understanding of basic statistics (e.g. correlation versus causation) and social science research methods; demonstrated interest in quantitative social science research (e.g. economics, psychology, political science, etc.) a plus
- Strong capabilities for crafting and presenting data driven analyses and insights to senior executives
- Flexibility for travel 1-2x per month to Netflix offices in LA and occasional international travel
Due to the nature and scope of this role, we will need to run a background check prior to starting with us.