Catalog QC Coordinator - Issue Discovery
- Los Angeles, California
- Content Operations
Netflix is the world’s leading internet television network with over 100 million members in over 190 countries enjoying more than 125 million hours of TV shows and movies per day. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on nearly any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
The Issue Discovery team within Catalog QC is responsible for investigating and leveraging customer feedback about our content in order to improve our QC workflows and overall quality of our catalog and viewing experience.
Within this realm, the Catalog QC Coordinator for Issue Discovery is responsible for upholding the integrity of our external Issue Discovery workforce and ensuring that they deliver consistent results our stakeholders can rely on. This will be achieved through ongoing innovation of the tool and training curriculum which can evolve according to our constantly changing business needs. You will work closely with the Issue Discovery Specialist to identify training opportunities based on tool changes/enhancements and issue patterns.
As a Catalog QC Coordinator, a typical day might include the following:
- Communicating with with our external Issue Discovery partners who specialize in investigating potential content issues for video, audio, and language timed text assets
- Performing deep dive investigations into content issues to identify cause and using data to ideate on ways for future prevention
- Investigating and replying to content issue-related Zendesk tickets submitted by cross-functional team members
- Collaborating with Social Media and Customer Service teams to streamline pipeline for issue escalation
- Meeting with engineers about tool enhancements that can improve Issue Discovery efficiency and accuracy
- Work with other team members to pursue innovation and automation opportunities within the Catalog QC workflow
This job might be for you if:
You enjoy investigating problems from a data perspective. You are analytical in your approach to solving problems, and constantly seek data to help inform your decisions. You love thinking outside the box and brainstorming new ideas and ways to approach challenges.
You thrive on setting others up for success. Through ongoing communication and training, you will play an essential part in ensuring our external Issue Discovery operators become successful and reliable individuals who have a strong understanding of our quality expectations and priorities.
You communicate clearly. You do not hesitate to ask questions or follow-up if something is unclear. You’re not afraid to be the voice of dissent in the room or ask the “stupid” question that everyone might already know the answer to.
You are motivated and driven. You volunteer for new challenges without waiting to be asked. You take pride in owning the initiatives you drive and strive to make an impact.
You are flexible with change. You are willing to try new things or pivot with the changing needs of the business. You are excited about new opportunities and challenges that may be outside of the scope of your day to day responsibilities.
To nail this opportunity, you will need to have experience with customer support, and knowledge about common issues found in audio, video, and timed text files, preferably for streaming or OTT platforms. Some experience in training would be great, but not required as long as you have a passion for that space and are willing and able to learn quickly.