Product Security Engineering Manager
- Los Gatos, California
- Streaming Client
Netflix has become the global leader in content distribution, having invented a new model that the rest of the industry is scrambling to emulate. We provide joy to over a hundred million subscribers across the globe. We have become a world-class content production company in the space of a few years. We are revolutionizing entertainment, overturning conventions in content distribution, letting users "binge watch" and releasing movies onto our service on the same day as theaters. We have an Emmy award winning engineering organization and our international growth is happening at a breathtaking pace. More than all of these things, we are a loved brand because we put our users first.
The Netflix Security Engineering Team is growing and we want you to be a part of it. This is not your normal security engineering job. Netflix takes a very proactive approach to security. We have an engineering organization that treats security as a must-have part of product development and security engineers who know enough about the business to make the right decisions about product security. We want you to lead those engineers. You will influence how we design and build our service for the enjoyment of all Netflix subscribers.
In this role, you will lead our Security Engineering Team by taking a security view of all aspects of the streaming service and applying this to add new features, new devices and new ways of enjoying content. You will work closely with Netflix device partners, and lead cross-functional efforts across the engineering organization. You will foster cooperative relationships with your peers both inside and outside Netflix. You will lead an amazing team and you will be empowered to make things happen.
SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES
• You are a great manager who understands how to help your team get things done.
• You understand cryptography, authentication, authorization, security protocols, and security vulnerabilities.
• You have a B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science, or comparable experience.
• You enjoy working in a highly cross-functional leadership role.
• You are proactive, seeking the best solutions for the company.
• Freedom and responsibility
• Highly skilled mature professionals
• Self directed working
• Paying top of market for top talent
• A culture unlike any other (more at netflix.jobs.com)