Originals Creative Producer (Anime)
- Tokyo, Japan
- Product Creative
As part of a creative team within the product organization, the Originals Creative Producer (Anime) is in a unique position to blend the data based A/B testing realm with the highly creative world of Netflix Originals. The Product Creative team creates compelling assets to connect our subscribers to the Netflix content they love. Producers brainstorm, coordinate, and socialize creative strategy with multiple stakeholder teams to ensure seamless launches on a global scale. They use both the left and right brain equally and requiring a personality and skill set that can easily go from art to science and back again.
This is your chance to help transform how Netflix anime originals are presented to and perceived by millions of members across 190 countries. At Netflix, we have an insatiable need to continually improve our product experience and the creative elements that support it. This opportunity is involved in some of the most innovative and challenging parts of the business. It's an exciting time to join!
This role is based in our Tokyo office and will require frequent travel to California and other locales as the business needs require with an upfront 6 week training period in Los Angeles and Los Gatos headquarters.
The Originals Creative Producer (Anime) is responsible for launching Netflix anime original titles on the Netflix streaming service; overseeing the lifespan of a show from ideation to product deployment across multiple platforms. You will leverage content, marketing, PR, social campaign elements, product strategy and testing to create a suite of assets that surprise and delight our 100M+ Netflix subscribers.
Success is not only based on creating the most varied and visually stimulating cache of assets but also coordinating across numerous internal and external stakeholder groups. The ability to form close relationships with various groups within Netflix is just as critical as with studio and showrunner partners. You'll create strong partnerships with creative directors, agencies, studios and other cross-functional teams to define the creative look and feel of a title which can travel internationally—telling a story through static artwork, motion, graphics and video elements. Garnering an extremely deep understanding of product and content strategies will be inherent to your success as well.
A Typical Day Might Include
- Writing a creative strategy based on data and insights from partner teams
- Working cross-functionally to source, direct, and create compelling imagery and motion assets
- Collaborating with agencies, graphic designers, motion designers, and art directors to elevate the creative and enhance content discovery across multiple titles across different genres
- Proactively learning about product creative strategy and also be able to educate cross-functional partners and internal team members on the latest product developments
- Clearly understanding product priorities and be able to distinguish them from marketing priorities
- Building and strengthening partner relationships as liaison to studio partners, PR, Marketing, Product, Content Operations, Content Acquisition, Content Platform Engineering and Legal teams
- Creating project schedules, effectively managing timelines from conception through successful launch and beyond, communicating milestones to key stakeholders
- Reviewing artwork performance metrics, analyzing winning trends, and determining a path for better creative
- Working with engineers to determine the best tools or modifications to current tools to improve workflow
- Accessing reporting tools to analyze asset performance
- Conceptualizing A/B test hypotheses against the current workflow
- Looking above the horizon to understand the big picture of what Netflix is trying to achieve and spearhead new tests and projects
- This is a pioneering position for the Product Creative team. The successful candidate will be a proactive, flexible and collaborative leader who is able to navigate new and ambiguous workflows across time zones in addition to...
- Native or bilingual proficiency in speaking and writing in both Japanese and English.
- 7+ years in a creative digital environment with focus on anime content. Entertainment and/or gaming experience is a plus.
- International experience, preferably have spent time living and working in Japan. Awareness of global/local content trends within the market is a plus.
- Exemplary organizational skills with a disciplined approach to project management.
- Using metrics and testing for more informed creative; ability to create clear, effective briefs grounded in data and insights.
- Great interpersonal skills with ability to voice opinions and give feedback.
- Must be capable and conversant in all aspects of a digital creative and image production workflow.
- Prior project management, team leadership, or creative agency campaign supervision experience.
- Healthy interactions with marketing teams, creative agency, and/or production house, as well as familiarity with studio/network campaigns or entertainment branding.
- The soft skills to be able to recognize when to challenge conventional thinking, and also to accept feedback on ideas and work product.
- Experience using a Digital Asset Management system or similar tools to propagate and track assets through an operational workflow.
- Understanding and eye for great visual design and the ability to translate design specs into finalized assets.
- Basic proficiency with the Adobe Creative Suite.
- Excel as an individual contributor with global purview.
- Understand, advocate, and embody the company’s values and team goals.
Netflix is the world's leading Internet television network with members enjoying more than 125 million hours of TV shows and movies each day.