Senior Machine Learning Scientist, Operations Research
- Los Angeles, California
- Science and Analytics
Who are we?
Netflix is in a totally new phase of its evolution. We are combining the worlds of tech and entertainment to create hundreds of new Netflix titles that satisfy audiences all over the globe. We are reinventing content categories and breaking down barriers with bold, creative decisions. A critical piece of how we spend billions of dollars on content is identifying which types of content we need to create in the first place - in other words, how do we optimize the slate of titles needed to satisfy an increasingly diverse global audience? As a scientist on the Content Development & Programming team, you will use world-class data science techniques on Big Data to directly impact how our content catalog evolves to satisfy 100 million current members (and a billion more who aren’t yet members).
- Collaborate with business partners to develop metrics that describe how effective and efficient our catalog is for our current (& future) subscribers
- Develop ML models to facilitate catalog optimization - striving to answer the question, how can we better inform our content decision-making based on the state of our current and future catalog?
- Collaborate with analytics & UX engineers to design a coherent set of tools that inform decision-making through intuitive displays of data & ML outputs
- MS or PhD in Computer Science, Applied Statistics, Mathematics, or related field
- 3+ years of relevant experience applying statistical techniques to drive significant business impact, particularly in the areas of catalog/portfolio optimization and operations research
- Expertise in mathematical optimization and supervised machine learning.
- Proficient at translating unstructured business problems into an abstract mathematical framework, particularly in the development of metrics/models that combine human expertise and data science to align with company strategy.
- Strong algorithmic thinking and independent research ability.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to describe the logic and implications of your work to all types of business partners.
- High-energy self-starter with a passion for your work, attention to detail, and a positive attitude. Desire and willingness to continue growing your capabilities as a data scientist
- Huge plus if you’re a movie/TV addict!