Manager, Technology Planning & Analysis
- Los Gatos, California
- Financial Planning and Analysis
Netflix derives a significant competitive advantage from our product experience that helps our members explore and discover content that they love. As half of our members now reside outside the US, we are also investing in building locally-relevant experience to reach and serve the next 100M members globally.
As Netflix continues to grow and expand, Technology Planning & Analysis is looking for a Manager who can work effectively with Product leadership to drive better business decisions with actionable data-driven insights. You will partner deeply with Product Creative and Globalization organizations, as well as cross-functionally with Engineering, Consumer Insights, Marketing, and Data Science & Engineering.
The objective of this role is to independently drive strategic business decisions in close partnership with Product Creative and Globalization leadership by identifying areas of opportunity, structure analyses using clear frameworks, gather data, generate insights and communicate findings with excellent communication tactics. These business decisions touch upon many aspects of the Product Creative and Globalization organizations, including operations planning (e.g., vendor management, quality measurement, supply chain optimization), organizational design, engineering investments, and title/country launches (e.g., determining ROI on creative and localization decisions).
The ideal candidate is someone who views the world through an analytical lens, a strong problem solver, and an effective communicator. You must display strong initiative for anticipating and meeting the business demands of senior-level business managers.
This position is based at our Los Gatos office and involves close coordination with Content and Creative teams in Los Angeles, which requires frequent travel (2-3x per month). You will report to the Manager, Technology Planning & Analysis for Product Operations.
- Develop operational analytics to evaluate and rationalize the ROI of incremental creative spend and merchandising tactics
- Create and manage financial and operational dashboards to monitor performance and to continually refine our scaling strategy
- Support operations and agency managers in defining quality metrics, vendor evaluation, supply chain optimization, pricing model, and contract negotiation
- Facilitate strategic planning and the allocation of Product Creative & Globalization budget, as well as manage spend optimization
- Partner with senior leads on ad-hoc projects and shaping the strategic agenda, leveraging those plans to inform resourcing decisions and engineering roadmap
- Develop insightful recommendations on strategic direction and specific project opportunities that can move the needle. Perform the related analysis and research of technical and business issues.
- 3-5 years of experience in a highly analytical environment - top management consulting firm, corporate planning and/or analysis in digital media/consumer internet, or similarly demanding environment in which modeling and strategic thinking and analyses are performed
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, economics, mathematics, engineering, computer science or relevant field that demonstrates quantitative competence
- Demonstrated problem solving ability with experience providing business insights and recommendations from data sets
- Strong capabilities for crafting and presenting analyses and insights to senior executives
- History of self-starting initiatives and identifying new opportunities
- Demonstrated experience working in cross-functional teams
- MBA is a plus, but not a prerequisite
A couple of things worth knowing:
- Although this role is an experienced hire, you won’t have any direct reports. Instead you will have the freedom to focus on significant business impact.
- Due to the nature and scope of this role, we will need to run a background check prior to starting with us