Production Risk and Insurance Specialist
- Los Angeles, California
It's an exciting time to join Netflix with over 104 million members in over 190 countries enjoying more than 125 million hours of TV shows and movies per day including award winning original content. It’s a great time to join our team and as Netflix grows globally, we continue to look for the best and brightest talent to scale with our growth opportunity. To scale with our growth, Netflix is looking for a Risk Management professional specializing in entertainment insurance.
As the Production Risk and Insurance Specialist you will work with the department manager in all aspects of Corporate and Production insurance programs and objectives. You will be the point of contact for the team’s cross functional partners, including legal, physical production, safety/security, finance, labor relations, business affairs, creative and others to identify risks inherent to the operations of production to mitigate and monitor the Company's operational and strategic risk.
Netflix is growing fast with a flat organizational structure, which means that employees are often asked to perform tasks with a range of difficulties. The ideal candidate would be prepared to regularly “roll up their sleeves” to perform daily tasks in the same day that they are asked to prepare a presentation to the executives of the company. Candidate must be curious, motivated, disciplined and be able to work autonomously. To learn more about our unique freedom and responsibility culture click here.
- Collaborate cross functionally between the internal Netflix Originals team and production crew to efficiently communicate insurance best practices and initiatives.
- Manage insurance functions such as cast insurance, risk analysis and certificates of insurance.
- Analyze the risk associated with any unusual or hazardous filming activities including, but not limited to, stunts, watercraft, animals, aircraft and other exposures.
- Partner with the Legal team to review insurance language in agreements and make suggestions towards the goal of minimizing risk.
- Analyze exposure to loss and determine the appropriate method of risk transfer.
- Manage and track insurance claims. Make recommendations for avoiding and mitigating loss, and negotiate coverage concerns with insurance carriers.
- Develop and maintain relationships with insurance carriers and brokers to foster resources and program structure.
- Analyze international exposures and coordinate all aspects of insurance and risk management with the international productions and correlating internal teams.
- Work with the Risk Management team to create and develop insurance programs that are aligned with the Netflix culture and risk tolerance.
- 3-5 years experience managing insurance in an Entertainment/Production environment is required.
- General knowledge of the insurance marketplace.
- Must be self-motivated starter that operates independently.
- Strong project management skills and ability to influence cross functionally.
- Superior communication skills; written and verbal.
- Able to problem solve, multitask and be detail oriented.
Due to the nature and scope of this role, we will need to run a background check prior to starting with us.