Senior Automation Engineer, Partner Lifecycle
- Los Gatos, California
- Partner Devices
Netflix runs its applications across a diverse range of devices including: smartphones, tablets, game consoles, Smart TVs and a variety of consumer electronic products. As a result, Netflix works closely with a variety of partners to integrate and launch Netflix applications on these devices, and ensure our subscribers have a great experience watching all the movies and shows. Imagine the complexity and cost of managing all the aspects of the relationship with these partners on both the business and technical side. Here at Netflix, we live to push the bar higher and solve problems like these.
All these devices (think Smart TVs, Set Top boxes, and even upcoming devices not yet in the market) are managed through our Partner Platform which is providing highly visible, partner-facing services such as device management, certification tracking, workflow support and many others. Our users are not only a variety of internal teams, but partners as well like Samsung, LG, Sony, and Google.
To learn more about our team, and the culture we foster:
-Kicking off a new Open Source project
-Inside Netflix: 4 Startup Qualities I Love
As a member of the Partner Platform Team, you will:
- Develop automated regression tests to support high quality continuous deployment
- Define and track quality metrics and instrument our applications
- Create dashboards and analytic services to drive decisions on quality and engineering
- Evaluate code quality and implementation while providing feedback and guidance to developers
- Advocate and support leveraging of Netflix tools and services
- Help build tools and services to help our customers benefit from our solution
This is your dream job if:
- You are passionate about the quality of everything you deliver and have high standards.
- You love to work on unique and challenging engineering problems.
- You love monitoring, analyzing, and instrumenting complex systems to drive higher quality
You have the skills to be successful if you have:
- Strong Java experience, specifically with test automation development
- Experience developing or testing distributed systems and microservices
- Experience developing or testing web UI
- Experience with performance and stress testing
It is a bonus if you have:
- Experience with monitoring tools (New Relic, Datadog, Airbrake, or equivalent)
- Experience with log analysis tools (Splunk, Loggly, ELK stack, or equivalent)
- Familiarity with AWS applications
- Experience with container solutions like Docker
- Some experience with a scripting language like Python or Node.js
- Strong Unix/Linux skills with admin experience