Senior Software Engineer - Core Data
- Los Gatos, California
- Data Engineering and Infrastructure
Netflix is seeking a highly motivated and versatile Software Engineer to build scalable data products to help understand user behavior from how users interact with Netflix across different devices. Netflix maintains a relentless focus on empirical analysis and experimentation to continually improve our product. As part of the product data engineering team, you will have a direct impact on how product decisions are made.
If you are a data geek and thrive on challenging problems, this role might just be for you.
- Build highly scalable and optimized data products/manage data sets via stream processing
- Build tools and frameworks that ensure highest quality of data, make data discovery and data access easy for everyone at Netflix
- Own the data products critical for product innovation and recommendation engines; define and drive the adoption of data logging standards
- Partner with various Engineering teams, UI teams, Product Managers and Analysts to understand the business context
Character and Qualities that will help you succeed
- You have a growth mindset
- You’re passionate about deeper learning
- You’re a self starter
- You’re a team player
- You do the right things and you do it the right way
- You have good interpersonal and communication skills
- You have worked extensively with distributed data processing frameworks like Spark, Spark Streaming, Flink, MapReduce etc for 5+ years
- You have dealt with data at gigantic scale, and understand the growing pains that come along with it
- You have significant coding experience in one or more programming languages (Scala, Java, C++, etc…)
A few more things to know:
Our culture is unique and we live by our values, so it's worth learning more about Netflix at Culture At Netflix. You will need to be comfortable working in the most agile of environments. Requirements will be vague. Iterations will be rapid. You will need to be nimble and take smart risks.