Sr. Software Engineer in Test- Partner Devices
- Los Gatos, California
- Partner Devices
Netflix runs its applications on a diverse range of devices including smartphones, tablets, game consoles, Smart TVs, and a variety of consumer electronic products. As a result, Netflix works closely with a variety of partners to integrate and launch Netflix applications on these devices, and to ensure that Netflix members have a great experience watching all movies and shows. Imagine the complexity and cost to ensure all of these devices run the Netflix application are built to the highest standards.
In this role you will be testing an advanced platform to automate the Netflix experience across thousands of devices such as smart TVs, set top boxes, and media players over hundreds of partners. This platform is made up of a series of hardware, software and cloud components that are used to control and replicate real world conditions for devices in the wild. This is done by, for example, duplicating remote functions and controlling the device’s network and power, thereby allowing cameras, microphones, and other types of sensors to interface with the device. This all results in better Netflix experience delivered faster to the customer.
The platform is also used by other teams at Netflix to act as a bridge between consumer electronics and Netflix services. We have had teams innovate on top of the platform building custom photo sensors, hardware diagnostic solutions and even benchmarking tools. You would be helping other engineers bring their ideas to reality.
You Should Apply to this Position if
- You love Netflix and want to help enable the best possible experience
- You have a passion for embedded systems
- You love building tools for other engineers
- You love the idea of impacting the quality of consumer electronics
- A passion for breaking things and creating great software to do so
- Experience automating user experiences using Selenium
- Experience automating tests at various levels, including integration, smoke, stress, and performance; understand the strengths and weaknesses of each level
- You have built 'deployment pipelines' using tools like Jenkins or TravisCI
- You have experience working with embedded and or mobile device development
Other Skills of Interest
- Experience working with different messaging buses such as Kafka, ActiveMQ etc
- You have knowledge of cloud computing platforms, like Amazon Web Services or Azure
- Experience testing custom hardware or custom driver implementations
- Experience with testing frameworks such as JUnit, Mocha, TestNG
- You have a networking background and familiarity with IPTables, VLAN, and VPN setups