Director, Product Management - Content Engineering
- Los Gatos, California
- Content Engineering
Netflix is the first truly global internet television network enabling its members experience the joy of entertainment wherever and whenever they want. Netflix currently has over 100 million members in over 190 countries who enjoy more than 5 billion hours of TV shows and movies per quarter accounting for a third of the downstream Internet traffic.
Netflix is now producing thousands of TV shows and movies which are enjoyed by our members all over the world. Content Engineering leads the technology innovation that optimizes and automates the content production process from script (when an idea is pitched) to screen (when the show is ready to watch). We power discovery, personalization, video encoding and quality, internationalization, localization, and marketing for the best streaming library in the world. We solve complex problems around scalability and global content and innovate on tools and technologies to optimize the production of movies and TV shows.
We are looking for a strong Product leader to lead our Product Management team.
- Manage a team of Product Managers and mentor them as they autonomously make product decisions
- Establish a shared vision across the company by building consensus on priorities leading to product execution
- Offer organizational design thinking to best structure the team and equip them for success in their goals
- Drive forward innovation and original thinking on how to apply technology to solve our scale challenges in producing content.
- 8+ years of experience in Product Management or a related field (Engineering leadership Design, etc.)
- 8+ years of working collaboratively with engineering and design teams
- 2+ years of management experience with direct reports under your guidance and leadership
- Established track record of working with business stakeholders