Senior Software Engineer - Device Partner Tools
- Los Gatos, California
- Partner Devices
To deliver the joy of Netflix to living rooms everywhere, our Partner Device Ecosystem (PDE) team works with consumer electronic device companies and MVPD (e.g., cable, satellite) operators around the world. To develop and certify hundreds of Netflix Ready Devices(NRD), our partner tools manage partnerships, track projects, and test every NRD model.
We are looking for a talented developer to help us increase our scalability and effectiveness in PDE with tools that focus on device quality and partner productivity.
We collaborate with hundreds of partners, each with a different manufacturing timeline, implementing devices in timezones across six continents. You will engage with embedded device developers, automation engineers, and UI designers in our effort to ensure that devices can all deliver a great Netflix experience.
This is an opportunity to work with a diverse range of technology. You will use the same tech stack as production Netflix services--including AWS, Java, Kafka, Cassandra, Hadoop, Docker, Atlas, Spinnaker--when developing our tools. You may also work with streaming client technologies on a Linux-based environment to further automate testing and provide diagnostics.
As a member of the Device Partner Tools team, you will:
Develop cloud-based services that:
- Emulate production Netflix services for test simulations
- Execute tests remotely and enable results review using big data
- Provide solutions for test case development
Apply technical innovation to:
- Implement tools that leverage state of the art technologies
- increase the scalability and resiliency of our solutions
- Analyze metrics and outliers as feedback for further improvements to our tools
Engage with engineering teams across the company to:
- Streamline our device ecosystem lifecycle with partners in every country
- Help partners implement, test, and debug Netflix apps on TVs, set top boxes, and other devices
- Enable the roll-out of the latest Netflix user experience.
You will succeed in the role because:
- You have applied strong Java skills to develop apps in a distributed microservice architecture
- You learn and adapt quickly
- You are articulate and can evangelize new ideas
- You have led successful projects or teams
- You comfortably navigate a discussion with a device firmware developer to a debate with a web UI designer while remaining mindful of the impact on our business goals
- You have B.S. Computer Science and 7+ years relevant industry experience