Tech Ops Specialist, Studio Technology (LA)
- Los Angeles, California
- Post Production
As a Tech Ops Specialist at Netflix, you will be responsible for providing exceptional support to our production accountants and growing productions in our LA based studio. We want to empower the production landscape, utilizing never-before-seen streamlined, efficiencies individually and as a whole to facilitate creation of the world’s best streaming content. We’re looking for TECH OPS SPECIALISTS willing to pioneer the advancement of technology into Netflix productions. This requires extreme flexibility, unending creativity and a proactive approach to transforming the production culture. You will serve as a liaison between Netflix teams and the productions to assist in infusing technology and gaining proper adoption of our in-house technology solutions. This role operates within the system deployment side of Studio Technology, part of the Netflix Production team. Tech Ops Specialists will report to the Manager of Studio Technology.
The Tech Ops Specialist will be an ambassador of Netflix production technology. He/She will embody the passion for transformation and workflow advancements utilizing brand new creative technologies. This role will be a point of contact for technology support for our productions with expertise in how productions utilize software now and in the future. The Tech Ops Specialist is one part production, one part cloud-based software, and one part hardware infrastructure. He/She must have a working knowledge of current web-based software trends, both within entertainment and outside of entertainment. He/She will assess technical infrastructure needs for production build-outs (stages and offices) and provide hardware via internal resources and external vendors. Passion for change and creative thinking is a must.
- Production Technology POC
- Production Office Build-Outs
- Entertainment Industry Experience
NICE TO HAVE
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly and with minimal guidance.
- Thrives on technical challenges and takes pride in solving them.
- Strategic thinking both technically and business-wise.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proven ability to work independently with minimal supervision; must be a self-motivated self-starter that can initiate ideas.
- Strong ability to dive into the unknown and create clarity amid chaos.
- Experience with supporting people remotely.
- Flexible amid an ever-changing and growing environment.
- Working knowledge of Google Apps Script or other scripting languages a big plus.
Candidates need to be drivers in good standing as travel is required.