Engineering Leader - Big Data Warehouse Services
- Los Gatos, California
- Data Engineering and Infrastructure
Netflix is the world's leading internet TV network and we strive to bring engaging stories from many cultures to people all across the globe. With over 130 million members globally, the data platform is the core foundation enabling all of our product decisions that directly impact our customer experience when they watch Netflix.
Our platform runs tens of thousands of jobs and processes over a trillion events a day. We support over a thousand data analysts, data scientists, and engineers across the company to make business decisions. We have arguably built one of the largest petabyte scale data warehouses in the public cloud. Here is a glimpse of our architecture.
Though our architecture is mature and well defined, we are far from where we want to be. Our data volume continue to grow at a rapid pace driven by member growth, member engagement and our desire to better serve our members using data. Not only our data, but the complexity and the number of datasets in our data warehouse is also growing rapidly.
We are setting up a team to solely focus on innovating our big data warehouse that is shared across all business functions. We are looking for an experienced engineering leader to lead this team! Here is the vision for the team.
Specifically, you and your team will:
- Drive the ongoing vision, evolution and innovation of our big data warehouse infrastructure in AWS.
- Partner with the rest of the data platform team and our data consumers to evangelize and drive our vision towards an intelligent data warehouse.
- Build a cohesive ecosystem of systems/services to change the game on how we understand the taxonomy and manage the data we collected in the data warehouse.
- Continue to scale our data warehouse infrastructure as our data volume continue to increase and our business use cases continue to expand.
- Lead and grow a team of top-talent distributed systems software engineers.
- You have experience in building and leading a team of senior engineers to reach their potential.
- You have experience in building and managing large scale distributed services that are shared across teams.
- You are a strong partner and can drive cross-functional projects forward.
- You are great at strategizing vision, evolving roadmaps based on changing business needs and motivating teams to execute on them.
- You are thrilled to be leading a team that is fundamental to the success of Netflix and making a big difference in revolutionizing internet TV!