Marketing Planning & Analysis Associate - EMEA
- Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Financial Planning and Analysis
As Netflix continues to push its global growth, we are looking for an Associate to join the Marketing Planning & Analysis (MP&A) team in the Europe, Middle East & Africa region (EMEA). Netflix derives a significant competitive advantage from the highly analytical approach it takes to managing all aspects of the business, and this is equally applicable to Marketing Strategy. Marketing leadership relies heavily on MP&A to inform important business decisions with actionable data-driven insights.
In this role, you will need to be highly analytical, a strong problem solver and an effective communicator. You must thrive in a fast-paced environment, possess a high level of intellectual curiosity, and must display strong initiative for meeting the business demands of EMEA marketers.
You will be mainly responsible for providing analytical insights on EMEA markets and marketing activities, and be a key contributor to MP&A’s thought leadership projects. In addition, occasional projects will require you to collaborate with cross-functional teams such as Programmatic Marketing, Data Science & Engineering, Subscriber Analytics, Science & Algorithms, Consumer Insights, Content Planning & Analysis, Social Media, PR, Partner Marketing, etc.
The position is based in our EMEA headquarters in Amsterdam and involves direct support to members of the EMEA marketing team in Amsterdam, and close coordination with wider teams in the US.
You will be responsible for providing analytical support to marketing efforts in a specific set of EMEA markets.
A successful candidate will have a strong track record of critical thinking, performing comprehensive analyses independently, and communicating recommendations in a clear and concise way. Knowledge of digital marketing/advertising technologies is a big plus.
- Develop insights related to titles (especially for our Original Series and Features) and EMEA markets that would facilitate marketing planning and the allocation of the marketing budget
- Perform analyses around marketing campaigns, media optimization, and core business metrics
- Develop digital analytics insights to improve campaign performance, and coordinate digital marketing initiatives that pertain to these markets
- Support the design and setup of marketing experimentation within specific EMEA markets in collaboration with other cross-functional teams (MP&A, Science & Algorithms, etc.)
- On an ad-hoc basis, support cross-functional teams such as Social Media and Partner Marketing in deriving market specific insights related to their activities
- Monitor subscriber acquisition and retention; analyze key predictors, identify trends and present actionable insights to the Marketing and other cross-functional teams working on EMEA markets
- Conduct market research, track and compile industry trends and competitive analysis to inform marketing strategies. Develop insights to support our continued international expansion
- Relay complicated insights into actionable insights for non-analytical business partners; develop trusted relationship with senior stakeholders in Netflix marketing leadership
- Prior work experience in Media/Entertainment industry or working in/with Marketing is essential. Ideally experience in TMT/online industry or working in/with Marketing.
- 2-4 years of experience in a highly analytical environment - top management consulting firm, corporate planning and/or analysis in an OTT/entertainment/digital media company or agency, or similarly demanding functions in which modeling and strategic analysis is essential
- Proven track record and enthusiasm for complex problem solving utilizing financial modeling and analysis, including great Excel skills. Must also demonstrate quick learning ability
- Strong capabilities for developing and presenting analyses and insights to senior stakeholders
- International experience a plus; the candidate must have high enthusiasm about working with our partners in both EMEA and the US, and digging into numerous varying markets
- Top-tier education; Master or Bachelor in Management or related fields a plus (or equivalent years of relevant experience)
- Understanding of digital marketing experience a strong plus - programmatic, RTB, paid social, attribution, digital metrics, campaign analytics, etc.