Director of Product Innovation - Originals Launch Strategy
- Los Angeles, California
- Product Management
Netflix is the world's leading internet entertainment service with 125 million memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
The Director of Product Innovation - Originals Launch Strategy will help scale our efforts around new high-profile TV series and film launches across platforms (mobile, web, Smart TVs, and more.) That means thinking strategically about audience opportunity, pushing product mechanics, shepherding compelling packaging of originals, tracking metrics and dissecting performance, solving day-to-day dilemmas, and recommending product improvements. You should be comfortable in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment where you interface daily with content, design, marketing, PR & social, data engineering & analytics, platforms, planning & analysis, and more.
This role involves both product and project management, so they require operational excellence and technical fluency, but building great relationships is also key.
- At least 7-10 years of experience as a senior level product manager or senior level digital producer leading significant cross-organizational projects.
- A college degree or equivalent background required; business experience driving analytical modeling desired.
- Experience in large-scale digital production or publishing, i.e. tech, media, or agency environment.
- You will oversee a high volume portfolio of projects and high profile show launches at a time when we are growing globally and rapidly expanding original content efforts. A strategic approach to what matters to the business and exceptional time management skills are essential.
- Superb communication skills - You should be able to cultivate strong working relationships, communicate effectively, write meticulously, and give outstanding presentations.
- Entertainment experience working with media, television, or film creators is important. In this role, you will be interfacing with high profile Hollywood and global creative talent.
- We do things differently at Netflix, and we want people who understand and are enthusiastic about why, whether that’s explaining an algorithm to a colleague or an A-list actor.
- Some experience with A | B testing is a plus; comfort in working at a company where data really matters is a requirement.
- You will own high-profile launches on the product, and must be able to influence those around you and drive business decisions using metrics.
- Please have proven experience bringing projects and/or digital products from concept to completion, doing everything possible to ensure their success.
- It takes collaboration across product, content, operations, design, and engineering to ensure that each and every Netflix Original is presented on the service in a personalized way. Be a team player who sees the big picture.
Ideal candidates will:
- Be both quantitative and qualitative. You should be able to quickly assess and understand complex systems, but also have high EQ, so that you can be product ambassador to the rest of the organization, and ultimately, our Hollywood and global partners.
- Have an eye for compelling design, and be able to advocate on behalf of what’s best for the member experience.
- Love interacting with content creatives and backend engineers alike.
- Ideally you have had experience in a high tech / software engineering setting, and can quickly get up to speed on the distinctive nature of our system architecture, algorithms, and overall approach to intelligent automation and personalization.
- Demonstrate tenacity, resilience, and leadership experience that enables you organize and lead projects, overcome challenges, and propose solutions. We seek a highly motivated self-starter.
- Be curious, always wanting to learn and know more.
- Arrive earnest, mature, and ego-free. We welcome open, candid feedback, and expect all to constructively delve it out as well.
A Few Things Worth Knowing:
- In order to attract deep talent, we pay top of market. Solving hard problems requires highly talented people, and we compensate appropriately. We expect a lot from each individual.
- This role is both strategic and operational, and does not have any direct reports.
- We welcome people passionate about film, TV, and the future of storytelling/entertainment.
- Our culture is unique and we live by our values, so it’s worth learning more about Netflix Culture.